Greetings!

Let us know a little about yourself! Tell us about your birds and why you are here.

Moderator: Mods

peterpimlico

Greetings!

Post by peterpimlico »

Hello everyone,
What a joy the internet is........ to have a Forum dedicated to the Indian Ringneck. I feel sure novices like myself will really appreciate the expert advice available on this forum and would like to thank all who have given their time to set up this rather splendid site.

Here in NE Lancashire (UK), my wife and I busy preparing the ground for a small aviary, where we wish to house two pairs of Ringnecks. At the moment we are trying to seek out a reliable breeder from whom we can purchase sound healthy birds with a view to breeding them once we gain experience. If any UK member can recommend such a breeder who we could visit we would be most grateful.

Regards to all .............. Peter
ellieelectrons

Re: Greetings!

Post by ellieelectrons »

Hi Peter

Welcome to the forum!

Unfortunately, I don't know any breeders in the UK.

Ellie.
jayen

Post by jayen »

welcome sir to the world of irns....
you can email mark jones.. info@ringneckmutations.com... i believe he is from england.... maybe he can help you out...
pinkdevil

Post by pinkdevil »

Hi Peter, welcome aboard.

Good luck to yourself and your wife with possibly breeding down the track.
peterpimlico

Post by peterpimlico »

Many thanks everyone for your good wishes. I wonder? Are there any forum members who are breeders located in the north of England?
Regards .............. Peter
julie

Post by julie »

Hi and welcome 8) please research keeping more than one breeding pair together before you try to do it. I really dont recomend doing it, I lost a male because the other 3 (2 hens 1 cock) ganged up on him and beat the crap out of him.
Kray Twins

Post by Kray Twins »

Welcome to the forum Peter,

I don't know any breeders unfortunately, there's someone where I work that may do but i'd imagine that the SW is a little too far for you to travel?
bec

Post by bec »

julie wrote:Hi and welcome 8) please research keeping more than one breeding pair together before you try to do it. I really dont recomend doing it, I lost a male because the other 3 (2 hens 1 cock) ganged up on him and beat the crap out of him.
i agree with julie i lost a beloved hen the same way i wouldnt put more than one pair in an avairy especialy as you have said it will be a small one
kyria
Site Admin
Location: Live in Australia - Have a home in Florida - Citizenship in Heaven

Post by kyria »

Welcome to the family .. We are a wonderful bunch and love sharing and caring. Good luck in your endeavours, glad you are doing your research first.
:mrgreen:
Angie
---------
Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all sins. {Pro 10:12}
-----------
God Bless

ellieelectrons

Post by ellieelectrons »

kyria wrote:We are a wonderful bunch
... even if we do say so ourself. lol :lol:

... but seriously... I love this forum (more than facebook)... People get my IRN obsession here and there is so much knowledge too. :)

Welcome.

Ellie.
peterpimlico

Post by peterpimlico »

Thanks again for warm welcome. I would only fly the two pairs of Ringnecks together out of the breeding season, separating the pairs before nesting boxes were introduced.

Also, I wonder ...... Is it acceptable to fly a pair of Plumbhead's with a pair of Ringnecks out of the breeding season?
Regards .......... Peter
danae

Post by danae »

brilliant intro, hello from over the pond in the republic of ireland :)

atb, danae