GDay

Let us know a little about yourself! Tell us about your birds and why you are here.

Moderator: Mods

Berbatov

GDay

Post by Berbatov »

Hey there

ive got a irp called gus who is 16months old, champion of a bird and we get along heaps

ive just got a few questions if any1 can answer

1. What age does the ring appear if its a male??
2. Around wat age do they start talking? wats the oldest age they can b b4 they start talking?
3. its super nice to me and only playfuly bites me which dont hurt , but when any1 else puts their hand near it it will bite hard and has drawn blood before. wats the deal with that? is that normal?

thanks in advance and appreciate any help u can give
OliveIrn

Re: GDay

Post by OliveIrn »

Hi! As for the ring, it can appear as early as when the bird is 1 and a half years old but will be fully visible when the bird is three years old. Ringnecks can start talking when they are around 1 to 2 years old. I don't think there is any "oldest age" for talking. And the being playful with you but biting others and drawing blood is probably because it is a one person bird. If you are the only person that handles the bird regularly then he will be most attached to you. In fact he may even attack people or things that he feels are threatening you. Hope this helps! :D
pinkdevil

Re: GDay

Post by pinkdevil »

Welcome to the forum berbarv.