Picking up my ringneck today!

Let us know a little about yourself! Tell us about your birds and why you are here.

Moderator: Mods

MallyKat

Picking up my ringneck today!

Post by MallyKat »

Hello everyone! I'm Mally, from Australia. I used to own a grey female IRN. Today i'm going to pick up a 'second hand' green male. He's been semi neglected, so it's my hope to give him a loving home that he hasn't known before :)

Not sure yet what I will name him. He's missing feathers from the back of his neck due to an aggressive female he was housed with, he's also missing the tips of a few toes. Overall he appears very healthy, great plumage (apart from the missing neck feathers), and not underweight at all. From the feathers he has, his ring seems fully developed, so it is my guess that he's atleast 3 years old. It's also my hope to have him trust me and become a little friendlier.

Can't wait to learn all I can on here and see/hear about YOUR IRN's :) Bye for now!
pinkdevil

Re: Picking up my ringneck today!

Post by pinkdevil »

Welcome MallyKat.

Where abouts in Aust are you?

Hope we get to see pics of your new soon-2-be family member.
MallyKat

Post by MallyKat »

Near Brisbane QLD, I'm sure i'll go snap happy when he's settled :) Thankyou for the welcome!
MallyKat

Post by MallyKat »

Well, I picked him up! I took two photos, they are a touch blurry I apologise! Meet Sanosuke :) Tomorrow i'm going to revamp his cage and give him new perches - his feathers are damaged due to the perches being too close to the walls.