Hello!

Let us know a little about yourself! Tell us about your birds and why you are here.

Moderator: Mods

JayJay

Hello!

Post by JayJay »

Hello everyone! My name is Jay and I have 3 indian ringnecks at the moment one lutino two green. I hand raised the green ones myself and just got through the bluffing stage with them. Got some good advice here by looking around and now they are just the sweetest birds! The lutino one stevie I got from a friend who tried hand raising him and his sibling but it looks like they were pulled from the nest too late and are fairly wild, so I've taken stevie to show him the benefits of being tame, learn by example kind of thing and he's improving, of course now I've fallen in love and don't want to give him back!!! Great site here !
craigvik

Re: Hello!

Post by craigvik »

Hi there! You are right, it is a great site and full of helpful info. I am going through the bluffing stage myself and finding it very difficult!!!! How did you manage to get yours through it? Mine has been going through it for months now....I think she is always going to have attitude! :oops:

Enjoy your birds and the forum!!
JayJay

Post by JayJay »

Originaly I was giving them a parakeet mix and a bowl of fruit and veg fresh every day and I couldn't get near them, the main thing I discovered was not to react at all when getting bitten vocally or physically just keep still and bear it, that got them to a more manageable stage where they were stepping up again. Then before giving them their mix I would take out all the seeds nuts and nice bits out into a bag so the only way to get what they like was to be nice to me, it worked in a few days! One is learning tricks turn around walk to where I point stuff like that and the other lets me stroke and scratch her they see each other and get jealous and want to do each others stuff. I still get bitten but their heart isn't in it anymore as their is no reaction and I distract them. Sometimes they want to be left alone and that's reasonable enough. Don't lose hope keep letting them out of their cages and you'll have your pets back before you know it! :D
pinkdevil

Post by pinkdevil »

Hi Jayjay, welcome.

Haha, very hard to part with the little devils, isn't it!
JayJay

Post by JayJay »

They just have so much personality! I might be able to keep him who knows.....