new indian ringneck owner

Let us know a little about yourself! Tell us about your birds and why you are here.

Moderator: Mods

rituparno

new indian ringneck owner

Post by rituparno »

Hi!I am rituparno chowdhury from India.I have recently bought two Indian Ringneck parrots-one male and another female.I have named them puli and pithe ,they are of two years of age.I need help in taming them and stopping them from biting me everytime I come near them.I have also tried holding each of them in a towel and gently talking to them but all is futile they seem to get more aggressive with it.I need help.Please suggest me something.
:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
pinkdevil

Re: new indian ringneck owner

Post by pinkdevil »

Hi rituparno.

Sounds to me your ringnecks are not at all tame and could possibly be wild caught if not aviary bred birds.
If that is the case, you are going to have a long road ahead in quietening them down.
You need to take things very slow and do not rush them. Gaining their trust is going to be the first thing to try.
There are heaps of threads and posts on the forum on other members who have successfully quietened an aviary ringneck to the point where the bird will step up, take food from hand etc., just do a search in the search bar at the top. :)
Depending on the bird, you may never really have a cuddly irn that you can pet like a handraised one would be.
rituparno

Post by rituparno »

thanks for your help
:D
kyria
Site Admin
Location: Live in Australia - Have a home in Florida - Citizenship in Heaven

Post by kyria »

Keep trying, take it slowly, one step at a time, at the age of two its going to be hard to tame them. towling is a good way, but you must keep it up , it will take MONTHS to bring them down to anything like being tame. talk alot, and if you really want them tame I would suggest thinking about clipping their wings. Trust takes time, it will not happen overnight or even in a few weeks. Good Luck darlin. I succeeded with a one year old parent raised aviary bird in my Kai, so it can be done but its a lot of hard work.
Angie
---------
Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all sins. {Pro 10:12}
-----------
God Bless