Bakersfield, Ca

Let us know a little about yourself! Tell us about your birds and why you are here.

Moderator: Mods

bginger

Bakersfield, Ca

Post by bginger »

Hi,

My name is Barbara. I am new to the bird world. My husband had a macaw, so he has given me lots of tips. I have been reading a lot, and learning about IRN. I saw a couple of them at a local bird shop, and loved them! I am excited to be getting a handfed babie soon. Not sure of color yet. Looking forward to learning more, and enjoying my new pet. :)
pinkdevil

Re: Bakersfield, Ca

Post by pinkdevil »

Hi Barbara and welcome to the forum and to getting your soon to be baby ringie.

It is exciting but the wait seems to drag on forever lol.

What macaw does your husband have? My partner would love a blue and gold, but they are expensive here in Australia.
bginger

Post by bginger »

Thanks for the welcome! My husband used to have a blue and gold macaw. He loved that bird, and had to give it up when he went into the military. There are not to bad in price here, only about $1000.
jean19

Post by jean19 »

bienvenue /welcome , irn make great friend .you'll enjoy is companionship .
ringneck
Site Admin

Post by ringneck »

Welcome! Was just up there a few weeks ago at a cousins party! Saw so many wild ringnecks! You are one lucky lady! I spent my whole time watching the birds instead of mingling with my family! :wink:

Welcome to our place on the net:)

Best Wishes,

IMRAN-C
LiveWire

Post by LiveWire »

hi Barbara!
Hey I live there. :wink: We have a flock that likes to hang out in our neighborhood. It is because of them that I am getting my IRN. They love to eat the fruit off our trees little buggars.
Did you ever get a baby? If so who did you get yours from?
Maniiacy

Post by Maniiacy »

Wow, what a small world. I also live in Bakersfield :lol:
bginger

Post by bginger »

HI,
No I never got the baby, things did not work out. I now have an African Ring Neck. He is older, I have no idea actually, but he has a full ring, so at least 2. I am working with him, it is hard. He lets me hold him with a towel, 3-4 times a day. He still bites if I use my bare hand. I am not sure if he will tame up at all. I am new to all this. I have no idea what he likes or dislike. Ugh!!