newbie from NZ

Let us know a little about yourself! Tell us about your birds and why you are here.

Moderator: Mods

Channelle

newbie from NZ

Post by Channelle »

Hi my names Channelle, I live in New Zealand

I have two IRN one is quite old, his name is Buddy (unsure of his age) we caught him after he was hanging around our aviary for about a week because he was hungry I have had him for about 18 years ( he was mature when we found him, had the ring around his neck), he currently lives in the aviary and is not tame (if you try to touch him he carries on like you trying to kill him), he has had stages of living inside as well. I have recently adopted a new IRN call Harry who is under a year old , Harry was living in the aviary but has taken a dislike for our budgies who live in the aviary as well and is
currently living in a cage, Harry is very tame and enjoys our company he especially likes my 7 year old daughter I also have two cockateil who i had reared from babies but now also live in the aviary, they are non tame now but do still talk and love it when i have a conversation with them. I also have about 40 budgies which i breed during the summer months.
pinkdevil

Re: newbie from NZ

Post by pinkdevil »

Hello Channelle.

Buddy is an old fella isn't he. Must be doing a good job to have him for 18 years.
Channelle

Post by Channelle »

yeah he's a bit scruffy looking now but a good bird!
kyria
Site Admin
Location: Live in Australia - Have a home in Florida - Citizenship in Heaven

Post by kyria »

Welcome, sounds like you have quite a bunch there. Its probably better that the IRN are kept seperate to the smaller birds anyway, they can easily hurt or kill the other birds. Be great to see some pics :-)
Angie
---------
Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all sins. {Pro 10:12}
-----------
God Bless