Aloha from Hawaii!

Let us know a little about yourself! Tell us about your birds and why you are here.

Moderator: Mods

hisandy

Aloha from Hawaii!

Post by hisandy »

I am a new owner of a fantastic blue IRN. He/she is about 5 months old and absolutely wonderful. I will refer to "Brett" as a him until his markings come in. He is so mellow, bright, eager....we went hiking up to a waterfall this morning and it was so fun to see the wild exotic birds in the forest fly close by and land on trees to talk and check him out!

I am learning about which foods he likes and my garden is coming in handy! He loves my tomatoes, lettuce, basil and mint.

Any helpful hints?

I am enjoying reading the various postings. Have a great Memorial Day!

Sandy
effekt

Re: Aloha from Hawaii!

Post by effekt »

Congrats on your new friend!

Wow, that sounds like a great hike you took him on :)

I'm growing some basil in my garden, I'll have to try giving that to my babies too.

Mine love peppers. Especially the yellow and orange peppers but they go crazy for the red and green as well. Also zucchini.

Best of luck to you both!
hisandy

Post by hisandy »

Mahalo (thank you) for your thoughts. I have started some mammoth sunflowers and strawberries too. I found them he loves my lettuce and sprouts.

Have a great day,
Sandy
effekt

Post by effekt »

I tried to get my birds to eat strawberries but they aren't big on fruits. I found that if I let them eat it out of my hand they are more likely to try it and finish it, but I've had limited success with fruit so far.

I'll keep trying!

Post pictures of your birds eating their sprouts if you can :)
kyria
Site Admin
Location: Live in Australia - Have a home in Florida - Citizenship in Heaven

Post by kyria »

Welcome to the family, sounds like you are having a lovely time with your fid and that is the perfect way to get your fid to try new foods. S/he see's you as the flock and will take example, this also means you have to be careful to remember that aswell ;-)
Angie
---------
Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all sins. {Pro 10:12}
-----------
God Bless