Greetings from Malaysia

Let us know a little about yourself! Tell us about your birds and why you are here.

Moderator: Mods

akmar

Greetings from Malaysia

Post by akmar »

Hello everyone, I am new here and very excited to have found this site as I have just bought a four-month old IRN recently. This site really helped me a lot as I couldnt find any other information on line that's well written and researched.
Lilly

Re: Greetings from Malaysia

Post by Lilly »

Hi and welcome from another newbie...! 8)
pinkdevil

Post by pinkdevil »

Hi akmar.

Congrats on your little one, what colour is s/he?
akmar

Post by akmar »

Thank you for making me feel welcome by responding to my post. My IRN is green in color. He/she is actually a typical case of neglect from an over crowded and small time breeder. The breeder tells me that he/she is only three months old but I believe he/she might be six months -- as he/she seemed to be molting and also some significant markings are already showing around the neck.
I took the chance to take him/her, in spite the fact that he/she is never tamed in the beginning. Yet I couldnt leave the IRN behind in spite of its background. I havent named my baby yet. I have tried a few names like Jamie, Oliver and David - yet its not suitable. Could any one help me out with names please?
pinkdevil

Post by pinkdevil »

It is hard to find a suitable name when you don't know the gender of the bird.
I usually try to choose a name to suit the personality of the bird. Or sometimes I give it a nickname and it ends up sticking lol. Other times I name a bird or pet on what was happening at the time. :)

haha....just playing with your forum name and come up with these....

akmar reversed ramka
ramak
krama

Tell us a bit about your birds personality or any little quirks that s/he has, and we might be able to throw suggestions around for you. :)
akmar

Post by akmar »

Thanks Pinkdevil -- your suggestion is quite legit. I like all of them but Karma sounds good. My two old son -- (who really loves the IRN) actually speaks to the bird more than he does with me. This is a good sign. Its the KARMA here. As I want to instill compassion (among other things) with the kids. My baby IRN is quite wild, as he has been neglected but I strongly believe that s/he can be tamed. I have seen intelligent signs in s/he whenever I speak in a low tone. As s/he would look straight into my eye... for quite a while-- I find this strange as most birds are quite timid if untamed.

Ok thats it - KARMA

I m very happy with that name . Hugs
Lilly

Post by Lilly »

Excellent choice in name...! I'm a big believer in karma! :D
pinkdevil

Post by pinkdevil »

awwww.....how cool!!!!

Welcome to little Karma! :D :D