copying aggression

Let us know a little about yourself! Tell us about your birds and why you are here.

Moderator: Mods

delboy

copying aggression

Post by delboy »

hello every1 ive jus got myself 2 irn called reggie an ronnie both green there only 5weeks old at moment an not doing much except eating an sleeping but genrally all good what i want to no is i have a cockateil called shady what was last yrs bird now shady wasent hand tame cos my partner fell in luv wiv him at the petshop being his a pied white. so i set to work trying to hand tame him can i bugger!!! he sits on my shoulder an on my arms. he picks my teeth. an even lets me rub my nose on his head but will not let me touch an trys to bite me. all of our birds our in 1 room seprate cages for shady an the new boys in there incubator but when our irns become older an they see shady trying to bite me will it rub off on them even if im handleing them every thew hours dailey cos like most animals an kids you do wot you see dont ya!! an my other quistion is ronnie is bigger than reggie would ronnie be a girl cos there not sexed an will they have to go in separate cages when older an at wot age
pinkdevil

Re: copying aggression

Post by pinkdevil »

Welcome to the forum delboy.

Ronnie could be bigger than reggie if he is the older of the two, getting more food, or if from different parents. It is amazing how even just one or two days apart in hatching, the difference in size is.

It would depend on how large the cage is that you will be keeping the 2 ringies in if they can be caged together for comfort and space. Also on how well they both get along. I keep all my babies together until there is too much aggression between them, then I separate if needed.
delboy

Post by delboy »

thankyou pinkdevil for your reply i like your connie an jasper on the pics luvley birds an maybe catch upan chat sumtime when your on ere thankyou delboy
pinkdevil

Post by pinkdevil »

No probs. Glad you like my birds to. Jasper is my first IRN and set off my bird collecting. :lol: