Salutations!

Let us know a little about yourself! Tell us about your birds and why you are here.

Moderator: Mods

effekt

Salutations!

Post by effekt »

Hello, I recently purchased an 8 week old Cinnamon IRP. I don't get to bring her home for another 2 weeks though, until she's finished bottle feeding, but I visit her every day to spend a bit of time.

My last bird was a conure, which I had 18 years ago. Haven't had a pet since then, but always wanted another bird, so about a year ago I felt I was in the right place in life for another one, and I've been looking around till now when I found my bird this past weekend and knew she was the one for me.

She is a "special needs" bird, and she has a bit of a hip problem. That's probably why I fell in love with her, because my conure had a hip problem as well. She's also very sweet and has nice personality so far. She is the most vocal in her clutch, and likes to bob her head and walk around.

(I say she, but of course I won't know the gender for another few years).

Glad to have found this community!

smallworld

Re: Salutations!

Post by smallworld »

Hello and welcome to the forum.

I'm sure 'she' has found a good home with you :)
julie

Post by julie »

Hello and welcome. He/she is a cutie pie. Whats wrong with her hip?
Apple

Post by Apple »

Hello and welcome

I'm also new here with a new addition to my family. She looks gorgeous and Im sure she will be happy with her new best friend.

Kind regards

Lee
Apple

Post by Apple »

Hello and welcome

I'm also new here with a new addition to my family. She looks gorgeous and Im sure she will be happy with her new best friend :D .

Kind regards

Lee
pinkdevil

Post by pinkdevil »

Hello.

Love the colour of your baby. Sounds like 'she' is going to a great home.
effekt

Post by effekt »

julie wrote:Hello and welcome. He/she is a cutie pie. Whats wrong with her hip?
Hi Julie,

According to the exotic birds shop, it is a genetic thing, sometimes they are born with hip issues. I'm guessing this is a result of breeding them to keep the blue mutation?

It isn't a big problem for her, but she may not be quite as mobile as a normal bird when she's on a perch. Typically she needs an extra second or two to find her footing and properly open up her feet, which can close shut. If I hold her and help her to grip the perch or my arm, she has a chance to unlock her foot and then is just fine.

Walking along the ground, you'd never know she had a hip issue, she is quite mobile.