Hello im new

Let us know a little about yourself! Tell us about your birds and why you are here.

Moderator: Mods

poppeottomor

Hello im new

Post by poppeottomor »

Hey, I am a bird crasy girl, im 27 years old and i have a 2 room apartment.
I have 2 lovebirds and woudt love to get a indian ringneck, but I am not sure if it is a good idea, I dont now if the noise will bother the naboers ???
I will be very happy if I can get one, for I just have folen for this race.
Sinserly Charlotte.
smallworld

Re: Hello im new

Post by smallworld »

Hello and welcome to the forum! Everybody here is really friendly and there is alot of information about the indian ringneck all over this forum. If you cant find it though, dont be afraid to post questions :D

Yes they're loud for the most part. I had lovebirds before and ours made noise the whole day long. This tiny high pitched sounds that are continuous. When one was in one room and the other was doing something else somewhere else, they called out to one another really loud too.

But Indian ringnecks have a higher pitched scream. However, you'll be happy to know, they dont scream all day. Ours screams in the morning or when we're eating something and he really wants it but we dont give it to him. He doesnt understand its not good for him but well... :)

Because he screamed so loud i was afraid of the neighbours too, especially in the morning. But he's much better now and I decided that, its easier to wake up before he does. :lol:
poppeottomor

Post by poppeottomor »

That is good to hear, I woudt relly LOVE to get one, I have it postet on a forum in Denmark and they must think I am crazy by now :wink:
But I can´t help it, I just love birds and i relly relly relly want one more sooo bad :lol:
My mom think I am crazy, and wont understand that i am madly in love with this spesies, my nebores have crildren I dont now how old, but some times they cryes VERY loudt :o , so i dont think it vill be a problem :mrgreen:
S. Charlotte.
smallworld

Post by smallworld »

I dont think your neighbours would mind, would they? I've been to denmark. Was there for about less than 2 weeks I think. I was in a little town called Ribe. Wow the Danish are such nice people!!!! They are so sympathetic and friendly and really helpful!! I really love Denmark and the Danish people. Everything in Denmark is a little bit slow moving but the people are really nice :D