Hello Everyone

Let us know a little about yourself! Tell us about your birds and why you are here.

Moderator: Mods

mguillen123

Hello Everyone

Post by mguillen123 »

Hi, My name is Mindy and I live in the U.S....I had a ringneck, named Oscar, a couple of years ago and he was such a special bird..He loved to talk and loved to share cereal with my daughter..He passed away while I was on vacation...Every since then my heat has had a missing piece..I finally found a bird that I hope will be just as special as Oscar..I will pick him up from the pet store tomorrow..We are all excited! We are naming him Oscar II!..I hope he turns out to be as beautiful as Oscar I..I will try to post some photos of Oscar I in his early years..
smallworld

Re: Hello Everyone

Post by smallworld »

Hi Mindy and welcome to the forum :)

I hope you dont mind me commenting on the name, as its really not my business. However, I find that naming him Oscar 2 sounds like you want him to live up to the reputation of his predecessor. Birds are very individual and have very unique personalities. The 2nd one maybe nothing like Oscar. I'm sure there are millions of bird names out there and you might find one that you like but naming him Oscar 2, in my opinion, is unfair. Its not like he is a submarine, you know what I mean? I guess I'm trying to say, I wouldnt want to be named so & so number 2.

Otherwise good luck with your new bird and I'm really sorry for your lost. I hope you wouldnt take my comment in a negative light and might sleep on it a little :)
pinkdevil

Post by pinkdevil »

Welcome to the forum Mindy. :)

Very sad when a pet leaves us, I don't think the pain ever fades, we just learn to manage it.

Anyway, hoping your new ringie will bring your family much joy, and I am sure he will. :) :)
kyria
Site Admin
Location: Live in Australia - Have a home in Florida - Citizenship in Heaven

Post by kyria »

welcome to the family !!!
Angie
---------
Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all sins. {Pro 10:12}
-----------
God Bless