Australia : Cleartails !!

Moderator: Mods

Fah

Australia : Cleartails !!

Post by Fah »

Heya everyone.

I was wondering if anyone here in Australia knows someone / is someone who breeds Cleartails.

For those who arent 100% on what to ask fellow breeders not on the boards they are more commonly known by their older names Whiteheaded-Whitetailed or Yellowheaded-Yellowtailed (depending on their colour mutations).

As we have this little situation where we cant import birds from overseas... its rather annoying to put it politely.

My dream pair =

Turqoise Blue Cleartail (cock) Grey Cleartail (hen) or vice-versa.

A pair that throws Blue, Grey, Turq Blue and Turq Grey Cleartail bubs is ideal.

I am pretty flexible though esp. I really just want to start breeding with that mutation. Hopefully source another pair from a completely unrelated family line and start some very interesting long term breeding projects.

Hopefully something comes from this.
Jay

Post by Jay »

Hey Fah,

Check with Mick Blake at http://www.karmicaviaries.com/. If he doesn't have any, I'm sure he can point you in the direction of someone who does.

A couple of years ago, he mentioned in a group posting that Cleartails in Australia were available at $18,000 or so for a visual and a split pair. The prices may have gone down since but not by much. Being a recessive mutation, it is much harder to breed than the Violets hence they are rarer and more expensive.

A few weeks ago, a poster here stated that he/she chanced upon an ad (in petlink.com if I recall correctly) that was selling Cleartails for $4000.
Fah

Post by Fah »

Found another one... www.mightymutations.com.au

Seem rather professional (though if not very very secretive and a touch standoffish and protective of their stock that they sell... which is a good sign at least).

Here is hoping I can shop around and get a pair that I can really push into the future. I want to get my own cleartail / pallid colony going :P