i am looking to adopt a young Cobalt blue Male.

Moderator: Mods

Fidgit_Green

i am looking to adopt a young Cobalt blue Male.

Post by Fidgit_Green »

Hi there,
I am looking for a reputable breeder where I can adopt a DNA confirmed Male
Cobalt blue IRN.
I got my first boy when he was 5 days old and hand reared him myself.
I am not looking to get one so young again, but I would like to get the last couple
Weeks of handfeeding to start building the bond early.
I know some people ask a ridiculous price for them all the time, I would appreciate
anyone that has or will have some chicks available I would like to hear from you.
Happy to answer any questions.
Cheers.
MissK

Re: i am looking to adopt a young Cobalt blue Male.

Post by MissK »

Just tossing this out there -- I don't think your bond is going to suffer if you don't hand feed a young one. I agree feeding by hand is important, but not so much about the age. If you come across an adult bird you like, consider him. As with a bird of any age, get to know your bird before you buy. You have probably seen here how people will get a bird, keep it a year, and then start complaining about it. There are lots of those birds available if you look around. They all like food.
-MissK
InTheAir

Re: i am looking to adopt a young Cobalt blue Male.

Post by InTheAir »

That 'hand feeding yourself to make a bond' is an old wives tale, not necessary or beneficial. Here is an article which cites several studies about production techniques http://www.vetexotic.theclinics.com/art ... X/fulltext
There are a lot of benefits to the bird to grow up and wean with it's siblings or other birds of a similar age.
Also, it is not legal to sell unweaned birds in qld... and the Australian veterinary association doesn't recommend it either
http://www.ava.com.au/policy/1511-sale- ... cial-birds

Just some points to consider.