Any good breeders in Birmingham, UK?

Moderator: Mods

Xandra

Any good breeders in Birmingham, UK?

Post by Xandra »

We very much would like to extend our small family of two, and get a small RN baby :) we'd like it to be hand-reared and used to being handled, and my partner has his heart set on it being male and blue (just to make it nice and complicated;).

Only problem is, we can't find a single breeder (do not tell me to googlethatsh*it. com, I've looked for hours :x ). Everyone on gumtree that we've contacted doesn't seem to care at all about what home the bird is going to or any questions I ask them - they just seem dodgy in general, wanting to just drop off the bird and run with the cash so.. Anyone?
ellieelectrons

Re: Any good breeders in Birmingham, UK?

Post by ellieelectrons »

Do you have a Parrot Society (or equivalent) in the UK? They may be able to help you. I had the same problem when we were looking for our first IRN.

Ellie.
Xandra

Post by Xandra »

Hi Ellie :)

We do have that, yeah. Will they have a listing for UK breeders? Did you send them an email when you were looking?
ellieelectrons

Post by ellieelectrons »

I didn't. I found our breeder by googling. I didn't know the Parrot Society existed at that point. I am now a member of the Parrot Society and breeders advertise in their journal. They also have a yearly bird fair where you can buy directly from the breeder.

Ellie.
Xandra

Post by Xandra »

Great, I've had a little looksie, and no luck so far, but I'll keep an eye on it :) you wouldn't happen to have any tips for what to look for in a good breeder? Seeing as we'll have our baby for a long time, we want it to come from a good home.

Thank you so much for your help btw :)
driver_hr

Post by driver_hr »