Male goes in the box

Moderator: Mods

mandimilli

Male goes in the box

Post by mandimilli »

Hi can anyone tell me its my first year with the INR I have a Blue male and a Green female am not sure how old the female is i know she has been breed before but the male its his first year she been going in the box for a while now but i have seen the male :evil: going in the box too is this good or bad.I didnt think he should be going in there please help thanks :roll:
pinkdevil

Re: Male goes in the box

Post by pinkdevil »

My males pop in the nest box to tend to the female, feeding her and chicks etc. My hen is sitting on eggs and I have caught the male coming out of the box.
mandimilli

Post by mandimilli »

Thanks for that :evil: but I dont think they have done it yet I dont think the male knows what he`s doing Ive only seen them 1 time i hope i get baby`s out of them as my Grandad had no luck I will keep an eye on them I just glad that his not up to no good :lol:
pinkdevil

Post by pinkdevil »

If it is the males first time, he may not quite know what to do first time round. Could take him a few "practice" runs at it! :lol: :wink:
julie

Post by julie »

I have a male that sleeps in the box with the hen. He sleeps in there when the box goes in until the eggs hatch.I thought he escaped when i was checking on them and it turned out he was in the box.
Lauren
Site Admin

Post by Lauren »

Hello, my male slept in the nest with my girl until the eggs hatched, he now spends alot of time in there tending to her and the chicks. Ive noticed he will stay in the box to care for the chicks while my girl comes out every now and then to poo/eat something/bathe! So Im assuming its normal for the males to spend time in the nest. :wink:
"Jibby aka Gilbert" Indian Ringneck 13 years "Charlie" Rex Rabbit 1 year
bec

Post by bec »

my boy riku did the same as laurens
but not only did he spend time in the nest & attend to the bubs he gave the eggs his favourite toy!!!!!!!
heres the link to the pics
http://i533.photobucket.com/albums/ee33 ... 0_7017.jpg
ellieelectrons

Post by ellieelectrons »

That's so cute.... That's what I call fatherly love... a little misguided perhaps... but just adorable!

Ellie.
bec

Post by bec »

he was so cute when they were born too