Color/Rarity/Price Help

Moderator: Mods

Kaity

Color/Rarity/Price Help

Post by Kaity »

So I am looking into getting my first IRN I have done all the reading up however I can't find much info on color genetics and hoe much I should be paying for what.

There is a baby IRN that I am interested in he/she is Creamio and gorgeous yellow and white. I think I want too meet this bird because it's personality is great! There are photos of it kissing it's owners and cuddling. Well here are my questions...

How rare are Creamio IRNs? They are asking $200 for it and I have found a lot of blues greens and lutino pairs and young bids for 125$ a piece.. Should I hold out?

And lastly what other colors are there? And do you possibly have pictures of different color options and could you tell me what the rarer colors are and what I can expect too pay for what? Thank!
333greenbean333

Re: Color/Rarity/Price Help

Post by 333greenbean333 »

Hi,
I think personally that is too much. maybe $150 might sound good to me. but cobalts and vio;ets really stand out to me. if you have breeders near you ask them if they will be having any offspring of violets and cobalts. and ask him/her to tame from baby. that would al cost about $500 for violet to $900 for cobalt. There has also been a new mutation that has just been out is emerald. But I dont think you would want to be spending like $3000 on 1.
thanks. Here are some pics of the ringnecks I have.
(((((((((((((((((((((((()))))))))))))))))))))))))
((((((((((((((((((((((()))))))))))))))))))))))))
((((((((((((((((()))))))))))))))))))
((((((((((()))))))))))
(((((()))))
julie

Re: Color/Rarity/Price Help

Post by julie »

$200 for a tame bird sounds mighty good to me. are you planning to breed with this bird or have as tame pet?