wanted!

Moderator: Mods

Google

wanted!

Post by Google » Sun Oct 30, 2005 9:32 pm

Hello
I am looking for a Ringneck. Must be male, for breeding and compainion purposes...I have a lutino female now and am looking for a male to match. I don't care what color at this point. THanks!

enmitygauged

Young Lutino

Post by enmitygauged » Mon Nov 28, 2005 12:45 am

I have young Lutino H/R will be DNA tested shortly if interested, based in OZ

Mikaela

Post by Mikaela » Mon Nov 28, 2005 4:59 am

'It MUST be Male'

That alone would be enough, if I were a breeder, to send you packing. :evil:

I assume you plan to buy a mature bird or have a DNA test done at your expense? Otherwise, good luck praying for the next few years.

And when the ring never comes, make sure you re-place it in a good home. :roll: It would be you that would want to get the DNA test, not the breeder. The breeder could DNA a known male, send you the baby and you're stuck. I am a trusting soul but not a fool that sets herself up to be 'had'.

Good luck.
~ Mikaela Sky

enmitygauged

Post by enmitygauged » Mon Nov 28, 2005 5:10 am

It will be tested by Dr David Groth Curtin Consulting. The bird would never be sent without being tested before. I am a member of the riverland Bird keepers and have sent every type of bird off from Macaws to Ringnecks to be tested. But I only test if I have an interested buyer.

Neokireina

Post by Neokireina » Mon Nov 28, 2005 5:56 am

I think there is a difference between wanting to know the sex of the bird for breeding porposes and wanting to know the sex "because i heard males were better talkers"

I went out and got a DNA'd Sun Conure Hen for companion and breeding purposes. My breeder is reliable. She was supposed to be for Zek but Froggy stole her. So much for being a matchmaker. My point is it's not bad to want to know the sex of your bird before you get it.

Wow someone form Riverland Club. South Australia has more Ringnecks than you can poke a stick at.

Yeah we would need to know your Loc, people are willing to ship interstate but cant ship overseas.

Google

Post by Google » Fri Dec 02, 2005 11:31 am

Excuse me Mikaela but I am looking for a male for breeding purposes. No need to get an attitude. If I want a male to breed then i will buy one. If you don't have one for sale then get your nose out of it. I am not looking for a pet or a talker. I am looking for a breeder, so butt out. What a high and mighty 'tude you have. Don't ever roll your eyes at someone unless you know the whole story. And next time read the post all the way through before judgeing someone!

Datsun and Family

Post by Datsun and Family » Fri Dec 02, 2005 11:33 pm

Google, if your hen is handraised she may not be able to rear her own chicks. Many handraised birds are not suitable to parent chicks as they were not taught by their mothers to fed their young, they were fed by people.

I have said it before and I will tell you again.... you have stated that your bird is not loving or very tame. I do not think you are suited to have another bird until such time as you either put Google out in an aviary or actually put in the time with her, simply changing food and water is NOT enough she needs lots of attention and getting another bird will only complicate the situation!

You have said:
yeah...I think I made a mistake, should have bought another Cockatoo. She just ran across the cage floor and tried to bite me through the bars. I have taken to wearing leather gloves to handle her...like a hawk. She bites anything she can get her beak on, and if I don't hold her like a baby, she flies away...mind you her wings are clipped. Tonight she hurt a wingfeather and it started bleeding...just cause she tried to lunge at my head and hit the floor instead. I have owned birds...so I stopped the bleeding with some baking powder..but gosh. Why does this happen in this breed of bird? I thought that all birds could be cuddlers if you got them early enough.

and
She bites and lunges at me...I bought her at 8 weeks. I have handled her almost daily. She is 6 months old. I thought that getting her a friend would make things better....but from the advice given here and from a few breeders I talked to...that only makes it worse! I am at wits end. I lost a wonderful sweet cuddley Cockatoo when I went to college, and I was hoping that this would be my new feathered best friend. But obvirously I chose the wrong type of bird. I am so so upset. What do I do now too?

I think my FAVOURITE thing you wrote is that you handle her "almost daily" what a joke!!! If you wish she were someting shes not then please give her to someone who wil love her for what and who she is!

DO NOT disrespect the members of this forum, we are a friendly and loving community who care about more than just each others birds. If you bothered to do your research before you got Google then you would not be in this situation and if you cared and read the posts on this forum you would realise you have just slagged off someone who is having a really hard time at the moment. Hope you feel great about yourself!
-Chamon-

enmitygauged

Post by enmitygauged » Sat Dec 03, 2005 2:58 am

Given that it seems you are outside of Australia I am unable to send a bird over seas I thank you for any interest and your time.

Mikaela

Post by Mikaela » Sat Dec 17, 2005 4:08 pm

Chamon said it so well, I dont even need to bother.

Thanks Sis.

Good thing she got you before I did... she is alot more tolerate. :wink: A hellaoflot nicer, and much better with eating someone alive and never even being rude. I can only dream to accomplish that level of composure during my lifetime. Im like a little pulldog. :evil:

Oh and... :roll:
~ Mikaela Sky

wuhuilin11

Re: wanted!

Post by wuhuilin11 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:50 am

mcm bags
salomon xa pro 3d
kd shoes
longchamp handbag
lebron 14
birkenstock sandals
moncler jacket mens