opaline blue:

opaline turquoise:

opaline greygreen:

opaline turquoise cobalt:

opaline turquoise cobalt violett:

bec

Re: pictures of opaline mutation

Post by bec »

beautiful birds i want the3m all!!!!!!!!!!!
madas

Post by madas »

I have some (not the birds on the pictures but the same mutation) of them. :lol:
Recio

Post by Recio »

Congratulations Madas and thanck you to share these pic with us.

Recio
SarahandEco

Post by SarahandEco »

sorry for my ignorance, but what is an opaline mutaion. I don't know much about genetics. I've heard the terms used several times on this site, but it never exactly knew what the mutaion entalied.

madas

Post by madas »

The opaline mutation is expressed by a lighter appearance, a darker/grey head (this was formaly known as grey-head) , light markings on wing feathers => yellow (if the body color is green) or white (if the body color contains blue), white down feathers and a spot on the lighter tail.

You can find these characteristics on the pictures of the opaline turquoise and opaline turquoise cobalt.

Hope this helps.
SarahandEco

Post by SarahandEco »

oh thank you. I can see that in your pictures. Beautiful birds by the way. I especially like the blue. It's beautiful!

Recio

Post by Recio »

Hi Madas,
Do you know how does it look an opaline lutino or an opaline pallid?

Recio
madas

Post by madas »

Hi Recio,

at http://www.indianringneck.net there is a picture off an opaline pallid grey crossover bird.
But i don't like this combination because opaline and pallid are both mutations that brighten the body color.
As you can see on the picture there is no much grey left. Only at the flight feathers. But is caused by the pallid mutation
not only by the grey factor.

A opaline lutino should like an albino with a light yellow shine on the body and a yellow head. the opaline markings on the flight feathers were gone.
But not sure because i have never seen such a bird. And in my opinion it is not worth to breed. :)
Recio

Post by Recio »

Hi Madas,

The bird in that pic is a grey pallid opaline combo in the blue series, so there are not psittacines, and it does not allow to know the effects of opaline on psittacines. In other parrots opaline mutation is known to redistribute melanin and psittacines, sometimes leading to an increase in psittacine expression both in intensity (deep yellow or even rose/red) and in extension, and these effects are easier to notice when melanin is removed (lutinos, creaminos or aquainos in IRNs). So I was wondering if the opaline mutation would allow the red ring to spread up to the head and show a deep yellow-red head in males .... just dreaming :lol: :lol:

The only birds in your pics displaying psittacines are the combinations with turquoise but I can not see the red ring. Were they adult males or youngs/females? In psittacula world it is written that males display a black and red ring in green series, but the pics show two green males without any visible red ring, just a kind of rose-blue sufusion down to the bird's back (?)

Cheers

Recio
ringneck
Site Admin

Post by ringneck »

All I have to say is WOW!

Best Wishes,

IMRAN
_Lady_Flame_

Post by _Lady_Flame_ »

aaaaaaaaaw now i really envy you, id like to have sooo many tooooo they are soooo beautiful!!!
view my gallery of drawings and photographs on deviantart http://purebloodrose.deviantart.com/