Lutino pics

Moderator: Mods

pinkdevil

Lutino pics

Post by pinkdevil »

Ok Mjay, here are pics of the parents to the bubs.

The mum

The dad

Poor dad is looking a bit worse than mum from his moult. Still has a short tail. Poor dude lol.

They will get a bit nicer looking than that when they have completely finished moulting.

I didn't get more photos as they were stressing and it was hot so i left it at that for the time being. Will get more at a later date. :)

The update pics of bubs are still coming though :lol:

Here are a couple of vids I took on my phone of one of the "nice" bubs lol
not a good quality, will get better later. :)

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=XuxqrpoRQYw

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=eBNXq-9E4JA
Mjay

Post by Mjay »

Great Pic's and Video's, Thanks for posting them :D
I love the sounds that the baby is making!
Have you got them used to any names?
Also i will give Darren a call on Monday, i don't want to call him on the weekend, but i might get too keen and do it anyway lol
MJAY
pinkdevil

Post by pinkdevil »

No problems....will post more pics soon of the others so you can see the difference...will even post a pic of the "feral" one lol.

No, I have tried not to give them any names since they are up for sale.

But I must warn you, they ALL can open their cage doors. I have to put a dog clip on all the doors even the food doors they try to open and squeeze through! They have all gotten out at some stage, luckily they were inside at the time.

The 2 tamer ones still like to give a good nip a few times, still working on the "feral" one but looks like it might be slowly coming around, only bit me 5 times instead of the usual 105 times today lol.

The other 2 fly to me when asked around 7/10 times, if they are not too busy chewing up the curtains that is lol.
I usually try and teach my birds to come when called but these like to do their own thing lol. My first Lutino that I handraised, is now in the aviary, she comes to me when called. :) All 3 birds will land on me and loves company. If they are out, and I am in another room, after a short while, they will come looking for me and either land on or near me.....even the "feral" one. lol

I sold one out of this clutch a few weeks ago and the person who bought him/her was wrapped. He came to the shop 2 days later and was thrilled that the bird came to him when asked. I was also surprised as he only had the bird for a few days. So that was great to hear.

I don't have my birds for sale in the shop either. I just advertise that I have them for sale and keep them at home for safe keeping with me.
I am glad we don't keep them at the shop anyway, especially with the break in. Was panicing enough over the spider and scorps till a head count was done lol.

Lol looks like we might see Darren a little quicker then we thought huh? lol :P

Oh, I don't have any travel cages either so will have to send one over with Darren if he plays birdie transporter. :P
pinkdevil

Post by pinkdevil »

A quick video of the "feral" one.

Started to bite, so I got a few chucks taken out of me now. :?

Thinking of clipping him/her. That might take the sting out of him! :roll:
Mjay

Post by Mjay »

Indy has escaped from his cage once, i think it was a fluke as he hasn't done it again lol
Your "feral" one seems alot tamer than my Asha, he/she is still scared, but will step onto my hand then fly straight off( he/she runs away whenever you approach), a couple of times my hands and fingers have got a beating from him/her :cry: Asha just doesn't let up lol, i am wondering if he/she will ever become tame enough to take food from my hand or anything like that! So did the thieves steel any spiders? ect....
It's a good idea to keep the birds at home, sometimes you get stupid people or people that don't watch their kid's, and they poke and prod the animals, that is very annoying :evil:
I have already started picking names for my new baby :!: (unisex of course lol) i came across a cool animal name website and it has so many catagories, i was on there for hours lol
I will let you know when i contact Darren :D
MJAY
pinkdevil

Post by pinkdevil »

Was Asha handraised?

I don't know why the freal one is like that. They were all brought up the same, seems like this one has an attitude. lol

I know what you mean about customers not watching their kids. :roll: Even though we have no cute'n'cuddly pets in the store and have "DO NOT TOUCH" signs up everywhere, some people just don't seem to be able to read. :evil: I would like to see them try and poke the spider lol. Don't think "Big Bertha" would approve. :lol: :lol:

No, the only thing the thieves relieved us of was the guitar, so we were quite lucky in that respect.

You sound as bad as me researching names for my pets! lol

I will get a video of the other tame one asap so you can choose which one you would like. Although it would be a bit hard being so far away and not seeing the birds to see which one you would actually prefer and have a better bond with.
Mjay

Post by Mjay »

Asha was parent raised, i got him about a month after fledging, there is a tiny bit of improvement, he doesn't freak out like he used to but still runs away if you approach him, he/she hated Indy and used to go for the attack and try to dominate him, but it's funny because after i clipped Indy's wings Asha got better with Indy ( i say it was flight envy LOL) and now they are in the same cage happily (i have to get a bigger cage now and i am eyeing one off at work lol), i think they both like the company now!
can't wait to see the vids, i might just have to get all of them lol :lol:
MJAY
Fah

Post by Fah »

Regarding the 'feral' one, it happens heh. You can be doing the exact same thing with two birds and have them turn out utterly different. Sometimes you just get a bird that really has no interest in being a 'pet' or 'human owner' lol

Make good breeding stock though :P
Mjay

Post by Mjay »

Just watched your vid of "feral"
if he/she is feral then i don't know what to call Asha LOL
He/she is 100 times worse :x
I sooooo think Asha is a girl!
Maybe Asha will never come around :cry:
MJAY
pinkdevil

Post by pinkdevil »

lol, yeah I have just given it the nickname of "Feral", more so for identification then anything else, plus he is the feral-ist one out of them all lol.