Sun is shining!!

Moderator: Mods

Lauren
Site Admin

Sun is shining!!

Post by Lauren »

:D Gosh I love days like this. We've been waiting a while for the sun to come out. Though I'd get Jibby out to catch some rays and something to do for a couple of hours. I think hes been so bored while Lola is sitting on her eggs full time now... but the little bugga hated being outside.. all he did was beg me to take him back inside. :x He needs some sun, so I sat and read a book while he winged and whinned at me. He even tried unlocking the door. :roll:
Hes also started moulting.. early?

"Jibby aka Gilbert" Indian Ringneck 13 years "Charlie" Rex Rabbit 1 year
pinkdevil

Post by pinkdevil »

Awwww....maybe he wanted to be back with his wifey! :lol: :P
Fah

Post by Fah »

Indoor birds moult sometimes in very different times of the year to outside birds.

This is due to environmental factors, where by they go through a moult when its warmer, less important to have very healthy plumage to keep warm etc... and impecible feathers for the colder months.

Indoor pets dont have to face this problem, so their body clocks change, your birds will find their spot in the year to moult, and you may notice at most, a prolonged, less dramatic moult due to that.

The sun would be doing him alot of good.. :D
Aldeleen

Post by Aldeleen »

Oh Lauren!! He is such a BEAUT!!! what a handsome fella!!!

Yeah get sum sun sunny on him!! They all need it --- although they might not like it!!

Ohh and soon to be Father !!!
robin.s

Post by robin.s »

he is just beautiful! all of the ringneck mutation are gorgeous but really the greens have to be one of the prettiest out of all of them! he is VERY handsome. (:
Lauren
Site Admin

Post by Lauren »

Pinkdevil: :lol: I dont know whats with him, since Lola has been sitting full time in the box.. he wont leave me alone!! Hes so clingy!! I thought he'd want to be by her side every minute.. but nooo.. he feeds her once in the morning and once before bed.. the rest of the day.. its velcro suction to my shoulder, its getting quite annoying!
Fah: Thanx for the info.. the last 2 years his moults have been mostly face and head feathers for some reason.. to the point where for a while hes got bare cheeks! Maybe this years another hard moult?
Aldeleen: Lol. Hes going to get some sun whether he likes it or not!! :twisted: Hes such a stubborn bird. Yesterday, he kept throwing his brocolli at me because he didnt want to eat it.. I kept throwing it back at him and it then turned into a game. He eventually ate it after our game of 'catch the brocolli'. :lol:
Robin: Thankyou, greens are the original and the best. :P and just to correct you.. green is not a mutation, original flavour! haha. :wink:
"Jibby aka Gilbert" Indian Ringneck 13 years "Charlie" Rex Rabbit 1 year
TD

Post by TD »

They're great Lauren, I doubt i have seen a better example of a male green, just brilliant. And thank god for some sunshine in Melbourne!!
robin.s

Post by robin.s »

Lauren, i actually knew that but had a brain fart when writing that post lol (i have them often) :lol:
countrygal_cc

Sweet

Post by countrygal_cc »

Jibby is such a beautiful bird! Cupcake is the same way she doesn't like being outside either. Bless their sweet hearts. When does the eggs
hatch?
Park outside where the air is cool...