Lola wanted to show you..

Moderator: Mods

Lauren
Site Admin

Lola wanted to show you..

Post by Lauren »

She has 2 fertile eggs! :D

And she had a nice bath today! (sorry grainy pic)
"Jibby aka Gilbert" Indian Ringneck 13 years "Charlie" Rex Rabbit 1 year
leo

Post by leo »

omg......
congrats................... :lol:
guys, if i offend you in any way, please let me know....don't keep it to yourself....okay.tango is FE-male.............
greeny

Post by greeny »

Wow - congrats to you and Lola and the whole family. Looking forward to the next stages!
pinkdevil

Post by pinkdevil »

Oh cool, I am happy for you :D

LOL @ that bath pic, you know she is going to get back at you one day for posting that!! :P

8)
laine

Post by laine »

So cool. :D
Aldeleen

Post by Aldeleen »

OMG-- WHAT!!?? im confused--!!! So Yoda--is in fact LOLA and she is now offially a girly!!! and soon to be mommy it seems!!

WOWLauren THATS so cool!

Congratulations! I never though that she would lay eggies so soon!! Isnt she still a bit young!!??
bec

Post by bec »

so cool lauren!!!
Lauren
Site Admin

Post by Lauren »

:D Thanx everyone! We are soo excited! They are doing well so far!

Yep, Yoda is LOLA! Jibby 'kindly' showed me that he knew all along, a few weeks ago when I caught them in the act ontop of the kitchen cabinets (their fave hiding spot). :shock:
Funny thing is for the last 2 weeks theyve been bonking their brains out.. and I STILL had doubts until I saw proof! Now that we have eggs, I can safely say.. shes a girl! :lol:
Lola is just 2 years old this month. Jibbys got himself a young wife, 6 years his junior! :lol: He finally got it on! LOL
Lauren
Site Admin

Post by Lauren »

.. and no more bonking his bell! Yeah! :lol:
Aldeleen

Post by Aldeleen »

EHHEHE naughty naughty! YEP they've done it and there is the proof!

But it so exciting!! AAWWW i hope all goes well and in due time we can see the babies!! CUTENESS OVERLOAD MAN! Adorable!
Enjoy them Lauren!!!
Aldeleen

Post by Aldeleen »

Lauren-- i wanted to ask you! Did Lola show and nesting behaviour before she laid the eggies-- like a while before or only just before laying?

Im asking because-- I dont know whats up with my Pi-ko -- if he finds a magazine -- he will shredd it to pieces-- and also preferably under a something -- like he crawls in underneath it-- Could this maybe be nesting behaviour-- or is he just making a mess and playing?
I only have him and no other birdies at the moment!

Just Curious? NOW that you have first hand experience with this!
Lauren
Site Admin

Post by Lauren »

:lol: Sounds like Pi-kos having fun! Is he obsessive with the magazines? Maybe hes a little hormonal and this is his way of 'getting it all out?', as Lola and Piko are the same age arent they? :D
Lola started acting weird and showing 'signs' about July, with being obsessed with cupboards and draws. I couldnt open a draw or cupboard without her diving in to check it out then when I tried closing the cupboard she'd growl furiously and flutter around it until I opened it again. Anything with a door you name it she wanted in! Kitchen cabinets, Bathroom cabinets, Wardrobes, Kitchen draws, Bedroom draws.. She wouldnt leave them alone! My Lola was trying to find a suitable nest!
Then in August, she suddenly started being a little submissive with Jibby (and teasing him with little 'come get me' noises, clucking and cooing at him like she was begging him) I knew something was up because shes normally a bossy little monster towards Jibby. It was a big change of behaviour.
At this point, I really didnt think they'd end up doing it this year if she was female. Didnt even think Jibby would know what to do. How wrong was I!
Then, I caught them 'doing it'. Eeek! So I thought its about time I got them a nest box. She loved her box as soon as I brought it home. She curiously stared at it for hours, walking up to it and peeking inside, then jumped in and started 'working the nest' (scratching around, kicking the pine shavings into the corner getting it all ready!). Gradually over days she spent less and less time outside the box. Only came out to hump Jibby. LOL. Hasnt really come out much since!
Now that I think of it, there were probably more 'signs' that she was firstly.. female.. and wanting to breed. Silly me! :roll:
Aldeleen

Post by Aldeleen »

HEHE hearing you taliking abou the doors and drawers makes me wonder! Pi-ko is also crawling into anything that opens--- like my chest of drawers-- eek i struggle to get him out there if he some how got in there- he also listens when i open them and then comes running! AND he scratches all my clothes in a bundel!

I cleaned the shredded mess he made--- turned the cabinet-- he still runs under it and scratches-- i leave him-- when i come and check on him-- he makes this little whelping cry-- like OOHHEEEE!!! EHEH
:oops:

I dont know whats up ! This has been going on for like 2 months now! I might have a female on hands hey? he tries to feed the Vasiline tubb-- now thas funny-- he is also a bit aggressive esp when he sees his reflection in a shinny thing :twisted:
heheh shame i also think he is a bit lonely--- i booked him a friend at a breeder but the poor little one is still in the egg -- heheh so anxiously waiting-- I am very excited I managed to find a PLUMHEAD !
But i will deff keep everyone up to date as soon as he arrives!!!

I dont want to breed-- just dont have the space at the moment-- so i thought that getting another species would be ok!!! Ive seen many friendships between tiels and IRN so hoping it will go ok too-- and Pikkels is still young!!1
Thanks Lauren
I realy enjoy your stories-- i will prob also find out soon with Pikkels-- the mault is coming man its coming!!! whoo hoo!!