look at this devil!!

Moderator: Mods

ryelle

look at this devil!!

Post by ryelle »

HANDSOME Devil i meant :D

This was him on the 22nd July (1 month ago)

And! this is him now (taken on the 9th August) :D :D

He still has a bit left on his moult but its coming through so quick

hes also getting a lot braver. doesnt really care too much about climbing all over me now. he even flew and landed on my shoulder the other night :shock:

you can see his dull wings and tail feather in that last one :(
Aldeleen

Post by Aldeleen »

:D WOW thats spectacular- the change i mean! Its pretty drastic!!! So if you ever had a doubt about your fids sex--- it should be gone now!!! lol!

Like the before pictures doesnt realy give any indication of male or female-- its amazing!!!

What cuteness!!! Im waiting for this seasons moult so that i can aslo know for sure whether i am dealing with MR PIKKELS or MS PIkkels! lol! should be in about 2 months or so-- Spring in on its way here in South Africa!

hehe he is going to be stunning when all his feathers are back! Not that he is not adorable as it is!!!

ENJOY HIM
Greets
Aldeleen & Pi-ko
ryelle

Post by ryelle »

weve always called him a he because the guy in the pet shop said he was male when we bought him, but there was no proof behind it so we were keeping an open mind. hes been doing his male dance like crazy the past 6 months tho so we kinda knew he would get a ring lol.

i thought his moult had been going on longer.. i even checked the dates on the photographs twice to make sure it was correct lol. i cant believe how quick its come through! we noticed at the beginning of his moult that he was scratching the back of his neck around the ring area so i had the feeling that it was coming through and driving him nuts. also on the first picture u can kinda see the edge of a black feather, although its covered by a lot of greens.

ill have to post more when hes finished his moult ^^ he still needs to connect the ring up to his lower beak lol. i gave him a shower on saturday after id taken the photos cus he was growling at his feathers (haha) and he now looks uber fluffy
threio

Post by threio »

OMG, thanks for sharing, should be much easier to know what sex Threio is when the time comes.
Bella

Post by Bella »

What a looker :D
Mum to Harvey(little boy) Satan RIP, Missy moos(Staffy bull) Billy(green irn) Sir didymus(grey irn) and Isis(cockatiel), Lucy (caique)
ryelle

Post by ryelle »

aww he is so cute :D i still think he looks like a little baby though :)

ty for your comments
Lauren
Site Admin

Post by Lauren »

:D Oh my! Look at that ring!!! WOW!!! and it came in so quickly! :shock:
"Jibby aka Gilbert" Indian Ringneck 13 years "Charlie" Rex Rabbit 1 year
kyria
Site Admin
Location: Live in Australia - Have a home in Florida - Citizenship in Heaven

Post by kyria »

:D BEAUTIFUL .. coming in well, what a little cutie, growing up so fast
Angie
---------
Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all sins. {Pro 10:12}
-----------
God Bless

pinkdevil

Post by pinkdevil »

He doesn't muck around does he?? lol

It's like he is saying....Look I AM a boy....see....proof. lol

8)
ryelle

Post by ryelle »

hahaha no he doesnt muck about at all. its like he knows it has to be done so why drag it out longer than it needs to! lol

well we think hes finished moulting now. not had any feathers in the bottom of his cage for two day. just has a few to still grow out. hes turning into a cheeky boy though lol. dances to everything now. getting nippy too but im not scared. i gave him blackberries earlier and he got VERY overprotective of them. i only tried to give him a bit he dropped and he puffed up, head lowered and was making puffy hissing noises at me hahaha so moody :D