Lolas bedtime

Moderator: Mods

Lauren
Site Admin

Lolas bedtime

Post by Lauren »

This is how Lola prefers to fall asleep... she loves to chat with Jibby as she falls asleep watching him eat his dinner... then when we go to bed and turn the computer off (which is in the birds room) she climbs onto her rope.. most nights I wait for her to find a better sleeping spot, because I dont like her climbing around the cage in the dark trying to find perches. She only moves when I turn the computer off! :roll: You buy them a variety of different perches, rope, wood, cholla cactus (which is the only perch Jibby likes), calcium/iodine.. where do they want to sleep? upside down on the side of the cage! :shock:

Tonights dinner.. pear, apple and corn.. the faves!
"Jibby aka Gilbert" Indian Ringneck 13 years "Charlie" Rex Rabbit 1 year
ryelle

Post by ryelle »

hahahahaaa upside down bird!!! she has stolen Spits nickname :D he throws his head back and looks upside down when hes looking at something.. crazy animals.

hehehe shes so cute when she sleeps :D you can see jibby like "god... there she goes again..." :lol:
Aces Wild

Post by Aces Wild »

Haha tooo cute!!!
greeny

Post by greeny »

She is so cute - sleeping upside down. Does she think she is a bat!? Nice photos, they are great birds.
dan

Post by dan »

I use to have trouble getting my bird to sleep. I made like a change 'tent' out of material and hung it in one corner over a perch.

It's like a square sheet with 4 material flaps. (upside down box)
You don't even need to sew, you can cut the whole shape out of fabric or hand stich the sides if you wish. I have a velvro tab so I can take it down to wash.

When he goes inside no one can see or disturb him and I don't have to worry about covering the cage.