Need Photo Tips For Red Eye?

Moderator: Mods

countrygal_cc

Need Photo Tips For Red Eye?

Post by countrygal_cc »

Hello can you guys give me some photo tips? I took some good pics of cupcake yesterday the only problem there is red eye. I have a digital camera can you guys tell me how to not have red eye when taking a pic? It is hard to do with cupcake cause she is so bright yellow :-) Any photo tips would be great. I have a program that takes red eye out once you put the pic on your computer but it just doesn't look right doing it that way.
Park outside where the air is cool...
Amazonite

Post by Amazonite »

have a look though your camera i know my camera i can view my pictures on the camera and edit them on teh camera aswell as removing red eye.
Sharlene and Amazon
julie

Post by julie »

she is lutino, they have red eyes. What color do you want to change them too?.
ryelle

Post by ryelle »

Red Eye on photographs is made because of the flash on your camera. The flash bounces off the Retina in the eye and makes it look like a big red circle in the picture.

If the bird is a lutino and they have red eyes as Julie said below, then you will probably have a red tinge in all your photos.

To avoid it you could take your pictures in daylight, next to a window or somewhere else that has a lot of light so flash isnt necessery, or if you need to use flash try have your camera at an angle where the flash wont bounce directly off the centre of the eye. You will probably have a slight bit of red eye because of the breed of bird, but it shouldnt be as glowing as a whole red eye lol.

Programs that get rid of "red eye" usually just use a tool that places a black circle over the pupil of the eye that is showing up red. Obviously your birds eyes are tinged red so this is probably why it looks odd when you edit it. If you have Photoshop, or can change the colour on the program you use atm, you could try using a dark red/brown circle instead of a black to cover up the "red eye". Might look a bit more natural but youd have to experiment
julie

Post by julie »

your camera software may have an editing program that has red eye removal as well.