Sir didymus and Isis

Moderator: Mods

Bella

Sir didymus and Isis

Post by Bella »

Here is Isis :D
And Sir didymus also known as didy (his original name was Harthor :? which i didnt really like)
he is very camera shy and scared but he has loads of bald patches which i think is due to a molt so i will be keeping an eye on that and he also has a bald patch by his eye where Isis has over preened him he has a short tail where he has trapped it and it looks all tatty
Mum to Harvey(little boy) Satan RIP, Missy moos(Staffy bull) Billy(green irn) Sir didymus(grey irn) and Isis(cockatiel), Lucy (caique)
bec

Post by bec »

aawww cuteness overload imminent!!!
i love sir didymus
and isis is gorgeous too
looking forward to hearing more about them
Bella

Post by Bella »

He is gorgeous isnt he :D i cannot wait till all of his feathers grow back they must be so itchy :cry: poor little man
and fingers crossed isis will stop laying eggs :shock:
Mum to Harvey(little boy) Satan RIP, Missy moos(Staffy bull) Billy(green irn) Sir didymus(grey irn) and Isis(cockatiel), Lucy (caique)
Bella

Post by Bella »

For anyone who wants to know the history of these two cuties

They were put together at a pet shop where they bonded then sold to their owners who put them in the study in a cage that i would say was too small for a pair.
They were let out just once a week and left to fly around in the study. They were sent to their emergency carer with lots of food in a cat litter tub which contains some small bugs :shock:
They have been with me since thursday and they are just settling down they are so scared even if someone is in the room with them they start to shake. They are getting calmer and calmer each time i go in the room and dont always dart to the back of the cage now :D
Bella

Post by Bella »

Didymus now has feathers growing back by his eye :D
azringneckfound

Post by azringneckfound »

What a beautiful blue color. That is really nice to see the two birds together hanging out!
Bella

Post by Bella »

azringneckfound wrote:What a beautiful blue color. That is really nice to see the two birds together hanging out!

Oh wow ive only just noticed that he looks blue on those pictures :shock: he is grey altho sometimes when i look at him he looks slightly blue :lol:
azringneckfound

OOOOOHHHH.. I see now..Yes, on my pc he is like a powder baby blue. I never knew they had gray ones. I actually never knew ringnecks existed until about 10 days ago..lolol The gray ones are just as beautiful. I still get a kick out of seeing the two species hanging out.
Bella

Post by Bella »

He looks like a powder blue on my laptop too think it must of been the flash on my camera the 1st two were done on my mobile phone without a flash. Its great to watch them together too they are so bonded they preen eachother and sleep on the same swing :lol:
azringneckfound

I love stories like that! How sweet!
Raja's_mom

Post by Raja's_mom »

This is wonderful to see my Baby cocateil and my baby ringneck hang out together on a playstand for hours and I didn't know if it would be a good Idea to put them in a cage together. but after seeing these two I might just see if they can share a large space together happily.
Aces Wild

Post by Aces Wild »

Oh they are just so adorable!!
Bella

Post by Bella »

Well didymus is full of pin feathers all over his face and some feathers are fully there :D im so happy but he doesnt like isis in his cage anymore even tho they have been living together for years in the same cage :shock: they had to go together while we moved house and he was horrible to her :? Ill try to get some more photos of his beautiful new feathers soon once i can get close enough to him for some decent ones :D
kyria
Site Admin
Location: Live in Australia - Have a home in Florida - Citizenship in Heaven

Post by kyria »

Your Isis looks just like our keily. Amazing to hear about a cockatiel preening an IRN .. My cockatiel needs to run like the wind if the ringnecks get too close , they hate her ! but she loves them. :( poor keily

They are both beautiful .. thanks for sharing

I just noticed that I spelt keily wrong on my avatar sigh!
Angie
---------
Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all sins. {Pro 10:12}
-----------
God Bless

Bella

Post by Bella »

kyria wrote:Your Isis looks just like our keily. Amazing to hear about a cockatiel preening an IRN .. My cockatiel needs to run like the wind if the ringnecks get too close , they hate her ! but she loves them. :( poor keily

They are both beautiful .. thanks for sharing

I just noticed that I spelt keily wrong on my avatar sigh!

Billy is starting to like her too :D he tried to grab the feathers on her head which freaked her out a little but didy and billy really dont get along didy HATES billy but likes to try and steal his cage lol
Ive had to seperate didy and isis because she plucked nearly half his face the other week :( and now he doesnt even want her in the same cage :? They confuse me :roll: