Baby's Molt is coming along...

Moderator: Mods

Mikaela

Baby's Molt is coming along...

Post by Mikaela »

Hey Y'all!

Baby was being extremely lazy about the whole molt thing. He wasnt working it at all - short of shaking his feathers more often... lazy ol boy! Heck - he was even lazy about his ring - being 3 years old on Mothers Day and just now getting it.

Well - I know why God makes a molt uncomfortable - its so birds will work it and progress it along! Baby is so 'behind' in his duties that he now has to work all his waking hours on his molt as it seems to be driving him INSANE :!:

He now has his color back - as opposed to last week but he is still very much on the down side of the molt - as he still has many pin feathers and a duck butt! But - here are a few images I took today.

If you'd like to see more - let me know and I'll post them up!

Love, Peace and Tolerance

~ Mikaela
leo

Post by leo »

yes, more please, can we see the tail? :lol:
guys, if i offend you in any way, please let me know....don't keep it to yourself....okay.tango is FE-male.............
Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

Ok :!:

Here are some images of my duck butt boy! They are so cute with the duck butts! I love it -giggle-

Let me know anytime Y'all want a little Baby - its what I do so no problem. In fact, I love to share my babies growth with the world!

Love, Peace and Tolerance,

~ Sky
Bella

Post by Bella »

He sure is a gorgeous boy and i LOVE the duck butt :lol:
Mum to Harvey(little boy) Satan RIP, Missy moos(Staffy bull) Billy(green irn) Sir didymus(grey irn) and Isis(cockatiel), Lucy (caique)
Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

Well Bella - you seem like such a sweet girl. Nice to know you. :D

I LOVE sharing images so if you want more of baby OR more of my work - let me know and I will post some :!:

I know everyone here loves images and I love sharing them!

Here is a little dragonfly I shot the other day. I named him Tommy. I published a coffee table book where I display an image then the story of how the image came into fruition along with the image. The book has done extremely well which I am humbly proud and grateful for. Its a lot like this...

* Naples, Florida USA
* Images are much larger in the book - showing much more detail than seen here (you can barely see the hair on his legs here)

As I walked around the hotel this morning enjoying my Iced Mocha Coffee; watching – waiting – anticipating – on a job… I was becoming restless. Always having my camera worn as a necklace – I came across this flirty little feller. I named him Tommy. He had a confident personality and was curious about the camera and playful around me! Thats always a good thing! Also – I had read an article that I wont mention because I wouldnt recommend that site to my worst enemy but I digress. The article was regarding CENTERING IMAGES can sometimes be a wonderful effect! I wanted to give it a go here. I love the ol’ rule of the thirds but have to admit… sometimes centering an image is not only the RIGHT thing to do but it also gives terrific control in pulling the viewers eyes to the subject!

He landed right in front of me with this expression as if to say ‘Morning, Miss. Im Tommy… hope you have a Kick **** day’! He seemed to enjoy having me around and I certainly wasnt running him off – quite the poser! The morning light – those priceless hours – were working for us! It was right after dusk when the morning was about the turn to full-on day.
Admittedly – I am new to macro since getting the XTi so please consider that when viewing. Also – I dont edit yet but I am starting to play in PS – just havent got it down and feel uncomfortable with images after I use it. So I dont – but soon will. I am going to commit to it. Probably in the way of taking a class at the Miami Community College.

This was actually shot with a TELEPHOTO lens – as that was the lens I had on for nature or any wildlife I may have ran across. Besides – the right telephoto lens can make for a Kick **** Macro lens!

So - if anyone here has interest in me posting my money shots rather than just my ringneck - it would be my pleasure! Just let me know. This place seems to have died a slow death. See if we cant bring some life back into it!
~ Mikaela Sky

Bella

Post by Bella »

Wow your photos are just gorgeous of course i would love to see more :D
And tommy is just beautiful he does seem like a little poser for you :lol:
Mum to Harvey(little boy) Satan RIP, Missy moos(Staffy bull) Billy(green irn) Sir didymus(grey irn) and Isis(cockatiel), Lucy (caique)
Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

Here ya go Hun! I didnt really know what material you wanted so I just posted a few that have been published.

I only do landscape and wildlife - NO people pics - EVER... so cheesy!

http://indianringneck.com/board/viewtop ... 5561#45561
~ Mikaela Sky

Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

Daggone it - keep forgetting to mention this and I feel its very important to document :!:

Since Baby has been molting - he has been SLEEPING A LOT MORE. So, should any of your babies start to sleep more when molting - my baby did too - so dont worry about it unless they act different otherwise.
~ Mikaela Sky

Aces Wild

Post by Aces Wild »

what a beautiful baby! Even while molting!!
ryelle

Post by ryelle »

Mikaela wrote:I only do landscape and wildlife - NO people pics - EVER... so cheesy!

People pics arent always cheesy. i hate pics of family portraits of people sat there smiling. ugh its so gross!! but Nature/wildlife photography ent got much business over here so ill probably end up doing it :x

heres a portrait done in the studio, i dont think its so cheesy ^^

((thats a scan of the negative btw. is... 5x7inch i think))
julie

Post by julie »

I agree there can be some good people shots, it depends on what they are doing. I don't go too much on ones that are obviously posed though.
The pic of the dragon fly is interesting, I Hadn't seen a pic of a dragon fly where the eyes,nose and mouth are that clear before.