Images of Baby and I - Adult Molt; Age 3

Moderator: Mods

Mikaela

Images of Baby and I - Adult Molt; Age 3

Post by Mikaela »

Ok, here is my poor fella in all of his ugly glory! Candid snapshots as he is TOO ugly for images!!! DUCK BUTT! :lol: (Had to resize for board which severely detroys images quality when shot at 3600x2800)

This is my man when not molting - most attractive if I do say so myself - and I do. :D

On another note - I have been picked up by the Florida Tourist Association - National Geographic - and Better Homes and Gardens as one of their freelance photographers.

I am now documenting an Osprey family out on Anclote Key for National Geographic and here are of few of the images that have sold thus far - concerning this subject.

I figured we all here love birds and Y'all might enjoy them.

So there is my Baby and what I have been up to! I cant wait for the molt to be over for him - bless his heart! I hope you enjoy seeing him again - it has been a very long time. Im just so busy these days - as I imagine we all are. But - its a blessing more than a curse!

My son (age 20) and I:

Me on the boat watching the Osprey family - hard work but someone has to do it!

Love, Peace and Tolerance,

~Mikaela
Last edited by Mikaela on Tue May 06, 2008 11:27 am, edited 7 times in total.
Bella

Post by Bella »

Awwwwww he is so gorgeous even with his moult :D must be awful and itchy for him
Mum to Harvey(little boy) Satan RIP, Missy moos(Staffy bull) Billy(green irn) Sir didymus(grey irn) and Isis(cockatiel), Lucy (caique)
Amazonite

Post by Amazonite »

very cute photos go baby
Sharlene and Amazon
catschair2

Post by catschair2 »

Great shots! Both of your babies are growing up way too fast. I am amazed how raggedy Baby looks --many thanks, I would probably have started to freak if either of my ringies lost so many feathers -- good to know it is normal. So glad your photography is getting exposure (ha ha...that was not supposed to be a joke), the osprey photos are amazing.
MCS
pinkdevil

Post by pinkdevil »

I feel for the birds when they go through a heavy moult like that. :( Must be so uncomfortable for them. Oh well not long to he is back to his former glory.:)

8)
Lauren
Site Admin

Post by Lauren »

:D Naaw there he is.. very handsome boy Baby is! Diggin the few specks of blue on his noggin too! hehe So happy your getting some exposure with your photography too. :wink:
"Jibby aka Gilbert" Indian Ringneck 13 years "Charlie" Rex Rabbit 1 year
ryelle

Post by ryelle »

wow! how often do ringies moult their longer tail feathers? we got Spit before he had them, and then he grew them. sounds stupid but i thought they stay forever hahaaa. im so dumb
Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

Wow - some of you remember us! Thats great!

He is really working his molt hard today - hes been lazy about it but it must be getting to the point he has to work it because he has been busy all day.

Its nice to hear from all of you again - thanks for checking out my thread. I am enjoying documenting this Osprey family very much! Its like finding a treasure trove to a photographer - pics that pay without a doubt. So Im grateful its all working out. It began as a hobby but has turned into a passionate career :!:

X O

~ Mikaela
wishkah lady

Post by wishkah lady »

i am new here, so you don't know me. But I must say that your photography is great. They should be paying you double for taking those pictures because you really captured what that species is all about. You are one very talented person.
~~~ Pauline - IRN mommy to Indy -short for Indiana Jones, the adventurer!
ryelle

Post by ryelle »

hey Mikaela,

what type of photography do you do? Is there anything that interests you more than other types of photography?

im a photography student. in my second year of getting a Degree and im totally sucking at it haha. if i could get paid to take photos of birds all day id be in heaven!!!
giantfoot_truck

Post by giantfoot_truck »

Your pic quality is beautiful!! so is the bird in the pic! :D
Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

I received this (and many other PM's) but NO - I cant help you because for whatever reason - Admin will not activate my PM. Im not being rude or a sob - I simply cant return the PM.

hi mik, reading your posting, you seem to be very telented and professional, really...
hmm,can i request a help of yours, can help me visual sex my tango?please...
anyway, he is 7 month old and acting both male and female behaviour...

that kind of confusing to me and i can't really see the different of the head and beak position...but, i m sure i will love him in either way, just curiosity that arouse, eventhough i like male, im fine with anything as long as it is tango... Laughing

yup

and looking at your photography, i'm always stunted, like, woow, how could she took that ?
and well, im interested in photography as well, you mind if i ask you some question regarding that ??

thanks alot...welcome back

Thanks to the person whom PMed this to me and again - sorry I cant PM you back. Thank you all very much for your kind comments. I would be MORE than glad to share more of my published works - should Admin not mind. All here love images and I love sharing them so let me know if you would like to see more of my works. DONT PM ME - I CANT ANSWER YOU BACK - simply contact me here.

As Far as 'Tango' Big Bird is a big ol man... if its the same bird Im thinking of. Show him to me here, please?

I do nature and wildlife photography to the above poster. Nice to meet you! I do it all (except images of humans - puke - not my style - cheesy! But get paid for my wildlife - seascapes - landscapes and so forth.

Love, Peace and Tolerance

~ Mikaela
leo

Post by leo »

thanks mik...
yup,im here, im the 1 who pm u, hehe...

here are tango,

what do you think?

hmm, and what do you think of the quality of the image too?

thanks alot
guys, if i offend you in any way, please let me know....don't keep it to yourself....okay.tango is FE-male.............
Briony

Post by Briony »

Hey Mikaela, your pics are awesome :D do you have any high res ones of your boy in flight? he is gorgeous:)
Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

Yep! BIG ol MAN! :lol:

Congrats - not that it matters - huh!?

Of course I have the high resolution images - 3988x2650 but you dont post those online because of theft- you make them as small as possible. My images also have a watermark - which if printed out - has my name inbeded into the image. This can be removed but with A LOT of time - work and know-how.

Lauren - will you please email me Hun. You are still cool - right? Always adored you from the day you dropped in here. Good - sweet girl. And where the heck is Qwennie!

~ Mikaela
leo

Post by leo »

Yep! BIG ol MAN!

Congrats - not that it matters - huh!?

so,boy !!!
thanks...
yup,it matters, of coz it does...
but not to the extend that i will disapointed, love him nomore and dump him !!

it just to the extend that i like the ring there and the dance + don like the hassel learning calling tango her instead of him...

thanks alot :lol:
guys, if i offend you in any way, please let me know....don't keep it to yourself....okay.tango is FE-male.............
Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

You are most welcome!

Hey - check out the new thread on Baby's molt - he is really starting to working it FINALLY :!:

He still looks really bad but his color is back and the molt is well into full swing now - thus getting that ring that we all pretend we dont care about. :lol:

~ Mikaela