more Aussie birds

Moderator: Mods

pinkdevil

more Aussie birds

Post by pinkdevil »

This afternoon a flock of Sulphur Crested Cockatoos came flying into a tree in our back yard. There was about 20 or so having a good feed. As I couldn't get too close without them flying off I used a large lens and cropped so the pics are a little fuzzy :? . Oh well you can still see them :)

Here they are....
Image Image Image Image
This one is looking cute...

:)
ryelle

Post by ryelle »

woah!! thats amazing. we dont have anything exotic around here. just a blackbird thats made a home in our tiny garden haha. he only sleeps there on a night then u hear his frantic cry as hes scared off on a morning. and the occasional robin. its so boring lol. down south they have IRN's flying about wild. saw a flock on telly the other day in surrey or somewhere and it amazed me too
pinkdevil

Post by pinkdevil »

The cockies are quite a big bird in size and can be quite noisey, especially when you get a group of them! :lol:

We are lucky enough to have alot of lovely birds in the wild here.

:)
Lene

Post by Lene »

Beautiful photos...

I have mostly lorikeets in my backyard, but lately a sole cockatoo is flying around in the late afternoons...
Cheers

Lene
giantfoot_truck

Post by giantfoot_truck »

Yes you are very lucky! Having wild parrot around is wonderful.

Around here mostly are crow/raven, pigeon(definitely), dove, finch, and mynah. Sometimes if you look up high to the sky you will see group of eagle, falcon and hawk, they are rarely seen though.

Oh and some stray ringneck, probably released or escaped bird..
Lauren
Site Admin

Post by Lauren »

:D Aww, excellent pics! I call cockys 'angels' because they look so angelic.

We have a flock of them that roost down the street. Front page of the local paper, was a story about how they are annoying neighbours with the noise and 'eating' the houses. Pfft! LOL. It cracked me up. Then there was the 'otherside' of the story with people who love them, like me. I think humans are the pests, not native beautiful angelic creatures of mother nature! Stupid humans. Funny how they are only 'eating' houses of the whingers! hehe.
"Jibby aka Gilbert" Indian Ringneck 13 years "Charlie" Rex Rabbit 1 year