Petey and his new friend!

Moderator: Mods

Crazyratwoman

Petey and his new friend!

Post by Crazyratwoman »

This is our funny ringneck Petey... he's so funny and cute! and has lately taken to "wading" thru his seed dish, making heaps of mess!

After losing our gorgeous 16 yr old dog Sally, I kind of visited the local petshop and spied 3 sad looking cockatiels, all had no tails, they were hand raised but just had been left in the cage with no further contact. Petey absolutely LOVES him (named Pepsi) but all Pepsi does is hiss at him and try to steal crust or whatever Petey's eating out of his mouth... so funny to watch!

pinkdevil

Post by pinkdevil »

Pepsi & Petey look very cute together. It's good to see them both getting along ok, even if Pepsi does hiss at Petey lol.
ryelle

Post by ryelle »

aww petey is so gorgeous!!

im sure theyll both get together and be friends soon :) just have to get used to each other lol
WasasMum

Post by WasasMum »

Crazyratwoman I just want to congratulate you and give you a big hug for finding a beautiful bird that really needs your help. It is easy to go along to a breeder or a pet shop and find a bird who would be "EASIER" to handle etc, but that baby needed you and I know you will love him just as much as you love your petey.

Congratulations!!!

And Pepsi is "A Gorgeous One" (Wasa loves it when i tell him that)
giantfoot_truck

Post by giantfoot_truck »

What an excellent ringneck!! Petey looks very well behaved and actually allowed Pepsi to interact with him, they both looks very cute.
Lauren
Site Admin

Post by Lauren »

Oh my gosh, they look like the perfect couple! Petey looks very protective of his new friend. Poor lil Pepsi. So happy hes with you and Petey now! :D
"Jibby aka Gilbert" Indian Ringneck 13 years "Charlie" Rex Rabbit 1 year
Crazyratwoman

Post by Crazyratwoman »

Aaaawwww thanks heaps guys!!!! Petey is a lovely boy, i'm assuming hes a boy, he is starting to get a bit of darkness around his neck... Petey is in awe of Pepsi, following him everywhere.... so cute!

and poor Pepsi was in a cage with just the basic seed so had never seen a toy before, was scared to death of the one i made for him but now loves it! also picked up the wolf whistle in less than a week (probly cos Petey does it over and over and over again lol) :lol: