Salem Piccies

Moderator: Mods

Wendy

Salem Piccies

Post by Wendy »

Well here he is.. I think he is a sweetie, but compared to some of the birds I have seen on the forum..umm he looks a little moth eaten :?.. maybe because he has been in an aviary.. Since I have only had him a few days and he isn't hand tamed, I had to take the pics with him in his cage...

This is the moth eaten one ...

He was not looking to impressed with this last one..

[/code]
leo

waw

Post by leo »

what a beautiful birdy....
i love that blue....
guys, if i offend you in any way, please let me know....don't keep it to yourself....okay.tango is FE-male.............
Oliver and Justin

Post by Oliver and Justin »

beautiful! :D

how old is your blue?

He reminds me of my grey green oliver :D
-Justin
Lene

Post by Lene »

Wow, what a bright blue colour... Gorgeous..
Cheers

Lene
pinkdevil

Post by pinkdevil »

I love his colour!

Don't worry about the "moth eaten" look. He is probably going through a moult. Mine looked like that a few weeks ago. Now they are starting to get their lovely "look" back again :)
Amazonite

Post by Amazonite »

What a lovely blue bird, does he/she have a name?
Sharlene and Amazon
Wendy

Post by Wendy »

I cant work out how to reply to individual responses on here.. some asked how old Salem was.. he is 4 months.. and unfortunately spent his life so far in an aviary with 5 other birds, so I think I will have my work cut out trying to tame him, the man I got him off said it was more than likely to late.. but I will try.. sometimes I think Salem is lonely even with my company.
Lauren
Site Admin

Post by Lauren »

Hi Wendy, He is a cutie!!! Look at that big red beak too! hehe. Dont worry about the scruffy look, he might be moulting. Yoda looked a bit scruffy when we got him. He was an avary baby too. If you got Salem from Langwarrin, Yoda and Salem might be brothers.. or sisters! That would be funny. hehe.
"Jibby aka Gilbert" Indian Ringneck 13 years "Charlie" Rex Rabbit 1 year
Wendy

Post by Wendy »

Hi Lauren, Salem came from Dandenong.. the man who owned him lived at Mt Evelyn.. Salem is 4 months, out the nest in October he said, I thought that would have been a bit early, when I had cockatiels back in NZ they hadn't even really started breeding by then.. but being a novice IRN owner who was I to say he was wrong..
How old was Yoda when you got him from the aviary? I am worried Salem wont get tame.. or will be lonely by himself.. I went to a Bird warehouse on Monday to get him some toys, but the lady who owned the place said I should hold off for a week or two before putting things like that in his cage.. He has his branches and numerous hanging vegetables.., a seed wheel which he has not touched.. and his bowls.. thats it.. I am a little unsure what to do, while I appreciate change can be stimulating for parrots, I would have thought every new thing you introduce to the cage, would make him have to adjust all over. I would appreciate yourideas on this..
Wendy
Oliver and Justin

Post by Oliver and Justin »

to tell you the truth

i welcomed oliver with a bunch of toys i got oliver around 4 months and it didnt seem to bother him at all he loved them. I think i made him feel confident here.

Maybe not the right way to do things but it didnt hurt him :wink:
-Justin
Rami

Post by Rami »

beautiful blue!!
beautiful color!
He has orange around the eye?
I've never seen that..
bec

hi

Post by bec »

he is soooo cute !!!!!!! i wished i had my kieron at that age but i got him at 2 years old however my kids bird riku looked exactly as scruffy when we got her at 4 months old
it is moulting in your pic i can see bits of his down still poking through he will be through this in no time