Pics of little Lily

Moderator: Mods

Aldeleen

Pics of little Lily

Post by Aldeleen »

So here are pics of Lily(green, age unknown) and then my babes Pi-ko!! heheheh

Pi-ko is now 16 months, Lily has been with me about month now!!

And i am totally extatic to report that yesterday wes the first time we were able to handle her! :D We got her of her cage and onto the carpet, I WAS SO STOCKED when she climbed on my hand and went to settle comfortably on my bf shoulder!! I rescued her for a home where she was unwanted and not cared for-- her wings are badly clipped and she is very scruffy at the moment!! she is very fisty on her cage and
But she is doing so SO much better!! Took a big leap with her yesterday!! No bites even!!!
Pi-ko is still very apprehensive about contact with her and for now is still dont let them interact!!! BUT SO SO HAPPY!! i was a bit unsure about how to go about all of this because my Pi-ko is so tame but all is going well!!!

Im starting to think that Pi-ko is also female heheheh Lily is deff a female!!! ehheheh will have prob just have to wait and see!!!

IMG]http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd226/Aldeleen/Lily1.jpg[/IMG]

Lauren
Site Admin

Post by Lauren »

AWWWWW! What cuties!!! I still think Pi Ko is male, but we could be wrong! :lol: By the amount of blue in Lillys tail, I'd say she is an older girl by the looks. Poor lil one, She's going to love her new home and new family, good on you for rescuing her! Lilly looks like shes gone through a tough life. :( Best wishes! :wink:
"Jibby aka Gilbert" Indian Ringneck 13 years "Charlie" Rex Rabbit 1 year
Aldeleen

Post by Aldeleen »

Yeah Sure that Lily is a female-- she was so affraid when i fetched her.. and still is a weary of me but soon she will realise that no one will ever hurt her again or grap her with a glove or anything-- I WAS SO UPSET WHEN THOSE PREVIOUS OWNERS GRABBED HER WITH A WELDING GLOVE-- she went grazy-- shame man!

I gave her some time just to settle in from last month and didnt try anything-- and then last night we took a leap and got her of her cage-- she is impossible when she is on her cage! But once she was on neutral ground she stepped up on my finger!!!CUTE MAN-- makes me so excited!! Cant wait to go home and play!!! heheheh :lol:

she looks a bit rough and is loosing feather by the dozen! But she gets fruit twice a day now and peanuts and yums and stuffs-- but she is such a valture-- beggs for anything im eating!!

Strange how their calls differ from eachother---!!! but excited about Lily's progress and looking forward to getting the two aquianted! My Bf shouts at me and says that i am to sensitive about Pi-Ko and i should just leave them-- but i believe ONE STEP AT A TIME! Pi-ko is extremly territorial over the WHOLE flat and is not going to take a new commer lightly!!! SO we do baby steps!! and only when they are ready!
greeny

Post by greeny »

Yay - great to hear you are making so much progress with Lily. Does she watch your interaction with Piko? I sometimes think they learn tameness most quickly when there is a tame bird in the environment for them to model. Lily is so lucky you rescued her. Great going with the taming process. Your birds are very cute.