Pics of India...

Moderator: Mods

Mikaela

Pics of India...

Post by Mikaela »

Hey Ya'll:

Here are some pics of my 10 week old IRN, named India. And her best friend, Ms Kitty. Isn't she pretty!? Her tail feathers are blue... odd huh? But pretty nonetheless.

This link should take you to my baby's pic page. Enjoy!

http://photobucket.com/albums/b46/Indiagirlie/?sc=3

When the page opens, scroll down. No sign on needed.

Sorry, link doesnt work :(
Last edited by Mikaela on Mon Aug 08, 2005 11:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
lauramelvin

Post by lauramelvin »

I couldn't see any pictures, it said to log in with a pass word. Couldn't scroll down as there was no scroll.
Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

Sorry about that. Here are the pictures.

~ Mikaela Sky

zoe

Post by zoe »

AAAAHHHHHHH!cutie,i just love that naughty look in their eyes! :D
Mikaela

Eyes all black though...

Post by Mikaela »

Zoe:

Good judge of character! She is so prissy and so bitchy (can I say that here)? She demands whatever she wants and I jump. She has me trained GREAT! I have her stepping up and down and not eating me alive ALL the time, just usually. Our relationship improved 10-fold when I stopped letting her push me around. I handled her way to easily and she took advantage of my short-comings as a Mama. Those days are over now and she knows I am top bird. Are most Irn's eyes all black like that? I see some with rings around them and different colors. Is that the camera playing tricks or different mutations? Also, I have noticed that alot of birds are ratty looking after a few years. Is that all birds or birds that arent fed and bathed as they should be. I want my baby to stay beautifully dark emerald.

She still tries to bite (only when she is in her cage but the lunging is rare now. By nature, she is/was a very aggressive bird but she is never in the cage and right by me and she and I both love it that way. I'm just not allowed to touch her unless she so chooses. Otherwise she opens that beak like someone is actually scared of her (use to be). I take my index finger and 'place' it on her top beak pushing it closed and firmly saying NO BITE with an ugly face and calm, but stern voice. The rest of my family treat her like a frigging yard snake. AHHHH get that bird away from me before she plucks my eyes out. OOOOOhhhh but the day we got her EVERRYONE was going to help sooo much. NOONE has even helped me as much as changing her water. Thank GOD I am a committed person because I knew I was making a 30 year committment.
~ Mikaela Sky

Mikaela

Boy or Girl?

Post by Mikaela »

Boy or girl?

Whats ya'lls opinion?

I wish I could change my avatar image to the one where she is on my finger (the middle one)but I dont know how. Friend did the avatar I have now but not of the pic I wanted :(

If anyone knows how to change the image, please, feel free!
~ Mikaela Sky

Caruso

Post by Caruso »

I would say that you have a little girl there Mikaela. I no expert(sp?) though.
My Baby :)
Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

Do you know if your baby is a boy or a girl? He is sort of prissy looking but I still believe you have a boy. Fairly new to birds but seem to have a nack for sexing, it seems.

At least I am *usually* right :oops:

How old? Looks to be in great condition.
Caruso

Post by Caruso »

Do you know if your baby is a boy or a girl? He is sort of prissy looking but I still believe you have a boy. Fairly new to birds but seem to have a nack for sexing, it seems.

At least I am *usually* right

How old? Looks to be in great condition.

Who me??LOL.
In the pic Caruso would be about 1-1 1/2 years old and Caruso, now about 2 years old, is a female. the Sweetheart.LOL
My Baby :)
Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

Shew, good thing I said *usually* :lol:

He is a dainty thing though. Or maybe he is just too pretty to be a boy. :)
Jonathan18

Post by Jonathan18 »

Wow, India is such a bright green, Pretty :)
I love green, such a beautiful color.
Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

Thank you. I lucked out, really. I happened to have gotten one with really good color (really poor temperment). Meaning, she lunges at everyone except me and chases away potential lovers :lol:

I am not easily occupied to say the least but this bird has entertained me for months. ALWAYS something funny, always silly stuff for attention and when that fails, she mumbles hateful stuff at me under her breath. She is something. Actually... she is my best friend.
Jonathan18

Post by Jonathan18 »

AWWW, how cute :)