new girl *UPDATE*

Moderator: Mods

bandgirl17543

new girl *UPDATE*

Post by bandgirl17543 »

I have been in the midst of adopting a ringneck from a local rescue. Well .. today was the home visit with the bird. They think she is 10 mos. to a yr old. Not DNA'd so we will see. She came to the rescue without a name and in horrible conditions ( poop 3 inches thick on the bottom of an old cage that fell apart.) She does talk ( says hello) havent heard ,only her first day here. She is absolutely gorgeous. She is fiesty and bites, but not my first ringneck so I know what I am dealing with :) JUst wanted to share her all with you . ( her name frome the rescue is sparkle) we will be changing her name soon :)
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff28 ... G_9417.jpg
Last edited by bandgirl17543 on Thu Feb 21, 2008 12:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pinkdevil

Post by pinkdevil »

What a nice bird.
It amazes me just how cruel some people can be. Why have pets if you don't want the responsibility of looking after them????Some people make me :x :x :x :x :evil: :evil:
Anyway, good on ya for taking her in and giving her a loving home that she deserves.

:)
Grelo

Post by Grelo »

It's sad to hear people mis handle there birds, but great that people like yourself give them a home..You could see in the photo she(looks like to me) is content already,well done and keep us updated :wink:
Feather's are the best friend's
greeny

Post by greeny »

What a dazzler she is! She is very pretty. You are a hero to rescue her, I bet she will be nice after you adapt her to your environment and work with her.
bandgirl17543

Post by bandgirl17543 »

Well Our IRn has settled in nicely, We ended up changing her name to Azure, as she isn't DNA'd so we can't be sure for another yr. She is hormonal and is learning to not bite so hard, we have quite a few scabs on us, but she is a real sweetheart and has alot of potential, i got her a little ball thats made of Vines that she loves, She likes to catch it if you toss it to her and she likes to play goalie with it lol .I don't think she even knew how to play before, she has 6 toys in her cage that she dosn't touch , al different kinds of foraging , preening, chewing toys, the ball is the only one she likes. She hates being on or in her cage at all , she wants to be with us 24/7 , I have no problems with her being around us as much as possible , but she does get cage time 2 times a day , she seems to get overstimulated and really gets nasty , so thats when she gets her chill out time . I will post some video of her soon , she is quite the character. :)
wannabe

Post by wannabe »

It sounds like you are making great progress with her!!!
Amazonite

Post by Amazonite »

awww looks very beatiful, i love that name sparkle its so cute and suits her.
Sharlene and Amazon