IRN now 12 Months Old

Moderator: Mods

robhyper7

IRN now 12 Months Old

Post by robhyper7 »

Hi guys have not been on here for months! My last posts/pictures were Max at 5 months old. Im happy to report i've still got max and he is now 12 months old.

Need some help in getting some vague opinions on Male/Female status as he/she has started to mature slightly now. :)

Ive got a bigger cage arriving soon... the tail now demands a bigger and roomier cage... even though the birdy is out of its cage most of the day and only spends time in their for 8 hours to sleep.

Donna

Post by Donna »

Just a guess I see a spitfire little boy :wink:

Donna
In Loving Memory
of one special husband and one special bird.

I miss you both
robhyper7

Post by robhyper7 »

Donna wrote:Just a guess I see a spitfire little boy :wink:

Donna

Great! So +1 for A boy....

comon guys n gals what do you think ? :D
pinkdevil

Post by pinkdevil »

Ok I will have a guess also....I'm going for a girl! :D
skibum

Post by skibum »

oooh, someone is odd one out!
I reckon a bloke!!

All 3 photos remind me of Max - the posing tight-feathered head of the first two and the puffed up face that I used to think was his grumpy face in the third one!!

But who cares - boy or girl, is an IRN!!
robhyper7

Post by robhyper7 »

skibum wrote:oooh, someone is odd one out!
I reckon a bloke!!

All 3 photos remind me of Max - the posing tight-feathered head of the first two and the puffed up face that I used to think was his grumpy face in the third one!!

But who cares - boy or girl, is an IRN!!

wow ... spot on description of behaviour especially third pic he hates the camera! :) He puffs up his feathers and growls when getting too close ... lol ... listen to me referring to 'he' now without even noticing... look either way I love max female or male the only downfall would be were all so use to calling him/her max and were so use to the feathered friend being a 'boy'... regardless it doesnt make a difference but its interesting now after all these months to play the guessing game... wont be long before the truth comes out ... :)
Bella

Post by Bella »

My vote is a boy too i may be wrong but i think i read that there is some kind of difference in the beaks too about the black on their beaks :? or do i have it totally wrong :shock: But still i think a beatiful boy :D
Lauren
Site Admin

Post by Lauren »

:lol: Welcome back! I'm going to go out on a limb and say girl for some reason, its just what I thought as soon as I saw the pics. Such a cutiepie! Looks like you have the same cage as Yoda, ours was supposed to be a short term thing, but I havnt got around to getting a bigger cage. :( Maybe after we move next month. :D
"Jibby aka Gilbert" Indian Ringneck 13 years "Charlie" Rex Rabbit 1 year
Lene

Post by Lene »

Uhmmm.... I think he's a girl.. :oops:
Cheers

Lene