:| Hemi likes shiny things... even toys shaped like guns!

Moderator: Mods

Pioneer

:| Hemi likes shiny things... even toys shaped like guns!

Post by Pioneer »

I had Hemi on my monitor next to a container of shiny objects. Next thing I know he's parading back and forth, threatening me with a keyring in the shape of a gun in his claw :P Please dont think of me as being an irresponsible bird owner... its only plastic. It just made me laugh, and I hope it makes you're day too :)

What is the strangest/funniest thing your bird has discovered? Feel free to post photos :D
alana8819

Post by alana8819 »

thats so cute. the pick next to your name is adorable. cookie loves the container that the kinder surprise toys come in he has them destroyed in seconds but will play with them over expensive bird toys any day. i had a giant kinder surprise once and the container was huge cookie thought all jis christmas's had come at once
Lene

Post by Lene »

Geeze... you wouldn't want to piss him off.. hahaha... how cute!
Cheers

Lene
Melika

Post by Melika »

Now I adore Hemi. ^^

Hmm... something Hane discovered.

Ah, he can steal the bones from the dogs. xD
I've been called 'birdbrained' before, but somehow I don't think this is what they meant. say:hah-nay
Pioneer

Post by Pioneer »

haha!! oh my god, he steals food away from the dog? thats a pretty gutsy effort :D
Dani03

Post by Dani03 »

*giggle*

Now that is adorable...in a wicked sense of humor way...

Dani
Melika

Post by Melika »

The trick, so Hane discovered, is to bite the dog's feet. When the dog jumps up, he can then hop onto the bone and claim it, before the dog has the chance to grab it and run. It's worse when Tsume and Hane go at it together- doubletime! 8)

Considering the three dogs he steals from are all over 60lbs, it is rather gutsy, lol.

Zoe has caught on, she grabs her bone before she gets up, and keeps an ear and an eye on the birds at all times.

Geronimo will nudge the birds on their back (thereby avoiding their beaks) if they're giving him a rough time, but he's a gentleman so he'll share until they get tired of his bone.

Socrates just doesn't know what to do. If he tries to nudge the birds, they bite his nose. :lol:

The small dog, Strider, chews his bones in his 'den' (crate) so the birds never bother him.

Mind you, dog saliva is bad, so the birds aren't allowed to do this when the bones are already chewed. xD
I've been called 'birdbrained' before, but somehow I don't think this is what they meant. say:hah-nay
Lauren
Site Admin

Post by Lauren »

:lol: What a funny pic! He looks all gangster like. All he needs now is big gold bling around his neck. hahaha.

Hmm, Yoda once had a great time chasing ants around, then eating them. Jibby found out his tail feathers are good for iching his head with, no need to use fallen feathers, just grab ya tail and ich away. :shock: But he only did that once. I wish he'd do it again, so I can catch it on camera. I'm sure theyve done more. :roll:
"Jibby aka Gilbert" Indian Ringneck 13 years "Charlie" Rex Rabbit 1 year
giantfoot_truck

Post by giantfoot_truck »

That looks funny! He looks like he is saying "why isn't the gun working??"
:lol: hehehe
Melika

Post by Melika »

ooh, Tsume discovered he could pinch Hane's tail and did it so much my bird had a curly tail. -_-;

We used to compare Hane with Geronimo (dog has curly tail), but this was going too far!