hei...that my tango

Moderator: Mods

leo

hei...that my tango

Post by leo »

any body can suggest how old is he?
its the picture hour after his arival...now he is big...

Last edited by leo on Thu Nov 06, 2008 6:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
guys, if i offend you in any way, please let me know....don't keep it to yourself....okay.tango is FE-male.............
alana8819

Post by alana8819 »

i cant tell you how old your baby is but my gosh they are adorable pics :D that one on the back so cute :P
Donna

Post by Donna »

LEO!!! How could you? You really went and done it this time buddy. I'm going to find out where you live and I'm gonna come take that Tango!! JK :lol: He is a cutie, you did a great job with him.

Donna
In Loving Memory
of one special husband and one special bird.

I miss you both
leo

hi

Post by leo »

hi...thanks for the comment...till now i dont know how old exsectly he is...i olnly know that i have him for 6.5 week..hehe...thats why, anybody know how old is tango at the 1st pic?

hehe...im very proud of his cuteness...hehe...thanks alot...
guys, if i offend you in any way, please let me know....don't keep it to yourself....okay.tango is FE-male.............
Oliver and Justin

Post by Oliver and Justin »

i would say age is probably anywhere 2-5 motnhs with pics i would say lower 2-4 i had a bird that died at 3 months but his beak was aready black mabye 2-3 months but not more that 5 and not realy young either
-Justin
kyria
Site Admin
Location: Live in Australia - Have a home in Florida - Citizenship in Heaven

Post by kyria »

Yep Justin I would say around 2 months In those pics, especially the first one he looks more like 10 - 12 weaks to me, going from our luntino Jordan when we brought him home and from the babies I hand raised.

He is such a cutie .. keep playing with him on his back like that, keep him use to it :wink: at this point you can teach all kinds of things. They only get use to what is usual so keep him use to it. :D
Angie
---------
Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all sins. {Pro 10:12}
-----------
God Bless

Melika

Post by Melika »

Great job! He must trust you to play on his back with such confidence while you are near. This is a good thing to teach and wonderful to see. :D

And is that a drawing of Tango he's standing on? :wink:
I've been called 'birdbrained' before, but somehow I don't think this is what they meant. say:hah-nay
leo

Post by leo »

thanks melika...the drawing is just indian ringneck drawing...i like drawing (eventhough my art fail) animals that i like,like fish, IRN, gray, etc...usually during break in between study, jus to relex abit,,haha...

anyway...i dont understand 1 thing...tango like to stand beside my laptop screen, sit there jus does nothing...once i fall asleep for about 1 hour+, woke up finding him fall asleep at the same position...

he even prever my laptop than my hand...haha...
Lauren
Site Admin

Post by Lauren »

Oh how did I miss this. Adorable! Love your drawing too. So cute! :lol:

Sleeping is contagious with birds. Or so I've noticed, when ever I 'pretend' to fall asleep, its sleep time for them aswell. Maybe its a flock mentality? When we first got Jibby, I fell asleep while he was preening my hair, he fell asleep sitting on my forehead. That must of been a funny sight. Lucky he didn't poop. :lol:
"Jibby aka Gilbert" Indian Ringneck 13 years "Charlie" Rex Rabbit 1 year
julie

Post by julie »

having them falling asleep at the same time is way better that waking up suddenly with indie right beside your ear saying hello.
As far as I know Lutinos don't get a black beak.
julie

Post by julie »

this is spike at 5 weeks
leo

hi

Post by leo »

i think IRN has a long sleping time during the day time...mine eat alot during evening time, after he just woke up from napping....

julie, thats so cute...he has big foot and red beak...i think i saw he baby like smiling..hehe...

so, i think mine is about 4 weeks old i guess...rigth?
Oliver and Justin

leo i would say yours was 4-5 weeks when you got him the first pic you posted but i would say older now cause he has all his feathers and there nice the pics of above of the baby u can see that his feathers kinda ruffled like they are coming in like your birds first pic but i would say hes 7-8 weeks now just by the pics
-Justin
kyria
Site Admin
Location: Live in Australia - Have a home in Florida - Citizenship in Heaven

Post by kyria »

Leo has had him 6.5 weeks, and the first pic looks about 5-7 weeks, then that makes him more 10-12 weeks. The older pics look just like Jordan when we brought him home and he was 10 weeks. :wink:
Angie
---------
Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all sins. {Pro 10:12}
-----------
God Bless

Oliver and Justin

i didnt know how long he had had him
-Justin
~*Gwennie*~

Post by ~*Gwennie*~ »

omg i don't know how old but he's to DIE for... he looks so snuggly! :lol:
~the stubborn one~
leo

drinking

Post by leo »

hi...i used the yellow contained to put the drink...but, this bird love to bring what ever thing he can bring and put it in to the water...actually, can i use hamster water bottle for his drink?

is it good idea?

thanks alot...
Lauren
Site Admin

Post by Lauren »

Yoda does that too. Its so annoying, I'm forever changing his water! :roll:
Some people use water bottles for this reason. But I found my 2 didn't touch the bottle. You could give it a go. :wink:
"Jibby aka Gilbert" Indian Ringneck 13 years "Charlie" Rex Rabbit 1 year
Melika

Post by Melika »

You just have to check the water bottle daily to make sure they don't stuff things in it and block the water. :D
I've been called 'birdbrained' before, but somehow I don't think this is what they meant. say:hah-nay
Oliver and Justin

pretty bird

I would love to teach mine to lay on its back

He has a mind of his own :wink:
But looks like you know what your doing
-Justin
leo

hi oliver

Post by leo »

hi, thanks...

i feel its important to teach the bird lie on its back...for tango, it boast its confident...i mean he seems to thrust me much more after knowing its okay to lay back...i think its good to start from young...

initially, i have to take the back and turn it up side down...few days ago, i start to teach the bird to lay back in command, instead of taking his back...i mean, i wan him to do it on his own...

today, he starts to tilt his body, and just lie down, sometimes, it need abit push...yup...

i think all IRN will show more confident after he is convinced that even when hi is in position of lying on his back is safe....
Pioneer

Tango

Post by Pioneer »

beautiful bird you have there Leo, now I want to get a yellow female =) Did it take you very long to gain its trust so you could get it to lie on its back?
leo

hi pioneer

Post by leo »

hi...thanks...

i gain the trust after i train him to do the lay back...i know it wierd and opposite of what is said in the article...

but, ya, its what i do....

i posted the datail in the training section...its long winded, hope u don'r mind....

hope it helps...give me your coment too...hehe...thanks
leo

water

Post by leo »

hi....
mine is using bottle too, but it is not the hamster water bottle...but, he is so rascal that he take the pellet delibrately and put it at the water...so, every time im im home, i saw the poridge of smelly pellet in the water...

it also a waste of pellet, it is dam expensive...

should i use hamster water bottle instead ? but im worried that there is bacteria growth inside the tube as it is unreachable...whaa, all like there is weaknesses....haha..

thanks for all the suggestion...
giantfoot_truck

Post by giantfoot_truck »

Wow Leo thats a magnificient bird! Tango is still a baby by the way, and he seems very smart at this age, lying on their back is not easy to teach for bird.
You were asking about whether baby bird are easy/hard to find in Indonesia? Well you got yourself a smart baby bird there!
Oliver and Justin

also

i have heard its easier to train a baby

cause there getting used to stuff so if you teach them that early there used to it?

so my point is that if your irn is younger then it is not used to things so you teach to lay on it s back so its used to it

then trying to get a older bird to do it cause its aready used to a routine

hopefully that makes since
hehe
-Justin
leo

hi giantfoot and justin

Post by leo »

hi giantfoot...selamat tahun baru juga...happynew year too everybody here, to indianringneck.com family...

i m indonesian,but i stay in singapore for quiet long, 6 years...
studying here...insingapore there is alot of shop offering baby bird, which i can't really find in indonesia...hehe...thanks for the compiment...

hi justin
hi...you are right bro...
its really difficult to do on older IRN...
i help my class mate 11 year old IRN today...i got badly biten...whaa....

but in the end, we calm her up...may be tommorow or the day after i will go over and try again...i guess it take long...she is parrent rised, but already quiet tame...
worse result so far...hehe...

now my class mate like betting on tango's gender...haha...its kind of funny and stupid...but is is exciting...haha...
skibum

Post by skibum »

Hi Leo
Lovely litle bird Tango!
And the lying on the back thing - excellent, so cute!
Did you teach Tango to do that right away?
My Ziggy is only 9-10 weeks and I have only had him for 9 days and not hugely keen on hands unless in unfamiliar environment. Is starting to assert himself a bit I think..
leo

hi

Post by leo »

i m the 1 who tilt the bird upside down...now training the tango to do it by himself...half way through...

now, he can do shake hand, and will fly to you when i said"tango, come here"

hehe... :lol:
greeny

Post by greeny »

Tango is so cute and adorable. I really like him/her. You are lucky to have such a good bird. If you talk to tango a lot I bet she will learn to talk as well.

I want a yellow one too.
leo

hi, thanks greeny

Post by leo »

ya, i was lucky to have tango...he was fast learner in certain sectors, but not in some too...he learn trick abit slow, but learn behaviour rather fast..like the come here command, he take it as habit now...coz, no treat reward...hehe...but sometimes, he insist not to come when he do something he likes, like chewing on tissue paper, so, i just leave him...i guess he has big personality...like human sometimes...haha...

about talking, he sound like prcticising to say 'good boy' at verry early age, but now, i kinda never heard him practice anymore...im not sure why...any advice ?

he abit quiet now...anyway, i just ignore him, may be is not his age yet...still i keep talking to him, im quiet sure he understand what i say...at least he seems to...hehe :lol:
skibum

Post by skibum »

tango cool, ziggy used to try to talk for first week or so, but now more intent on chewing everything!!
leo

hi

Post by leo »

my tango is aproximately about 17 week old...
just now when pearcing on my hand, he walk to my watch, then pull his body back with the wing open like heart shape, then he try to vomit something, it happen and last very very fast, like about 3 seconds, then he swallow back the thing he vomit...is it male dance?
i think its too young for male dance
Oliver and Justin

no ist the male dance

a male

but females can also do the male dance

donna has a female thats 10 that does it
-Justin