I finally bought one!! :D

Moderator: Mods

Pioneer

I finally bought one!! :D

Post by Pioneer »

I'm not 100% sure how to post images but i hope this works...

I only picked my irn up about an hour or so ago. it's still quite scared of me i think, so i don't want to push him (or her) too much. I'm still not sure what to call it but I'm thinking of calling it Hemi :) It's only 8 weeks old apparently. Maybe someone can tell me... do their beaks go red with age? or will mine always be pink?

^fixed it:)
Last edited by Pioneer on Sun Dec 16, 2007 8:23 pm, edited 3 times in total.
alana8819

Post by alana8819 »

beautiful birdy you got there :wink:
Melika

Post by Melika »

Their beaks will change with maturity, getting black on the bottom mandible and lower part of the top.
(S)he looks adorable!

When you post a URL of a pic, highlight it in your post and hit the little Img button. It'll put the tags in your post for you. :)
I've been called 'birdbrained' before, but somehow I don't think this is what they meant. say:hah-nay
Pioneer

Post by Pioneer »

Thanks for the tip Melika! I did read the how to post images thing but your way of explaining it was easier to understand :D
Lauren
Site Admin

Post by Lauren »

:D What an adorable baby you have there! The beak will change colour as he/she grows. Give him/her a few days to a week to settle in at the new home. :wink:
"Jibby aka Gilbert" Indian Ringneck 13 years "Charlie" Rex Rabbit 1 year
kyria
Site Admin
Location: Live in Australia - Have a home in Florida - Citizenship in Heaven

Post by kyria »

Aww Congrats ! Yep his beak will become more red, especially with plenty of fresh foods now.

Melika, I have ran message boards and used them for years now and I always thought you had to click img post the url and click img again to end the string. Woohooo .. I learnt something new today thanks

I mean I should have realised because that is how it works for bold or italics, of course it would work for img :roll: It just amazes me what we hang on to for years until someone points out something.
Angie
---------
Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all sins. {Pro 10:12}
-----------
God Bless

Pioneer

More Piccies

Post by Pioneer »

heres a couple more pictures. I know everyone here loves pictures!

Here he is eating an apple:

And on top of my Hallway door:

:)
Datsun and Family

Post by Datsun and Family »

What a precious baby!!!
-Chamon-

julie

Post by julie »

AWWW what a little cutie pie 8)
Lauren
Site Admin

Post by Lauren »

Aww! I just want to hold him and give him lots of kissies! :D

He has the same red perch as Yoda. Its the one Jibby hates. :lol:
"Jibby aka Gilbert" Indian Ringneck 13 years "Charlie" Rex Rabbit 1 year
Melika

Post by Melika »

Wow- he's really attacking that perch, isn't he! Good that he learns that skill early. :D
He seems so content!

And Angie, with photobucket you can have the URL appear already with the IMG tags in them in your album, to make it even faster. And now in Photobucket when you click in the URL box, it highlights and copies it for you- so all you have to do is paste! But I normally just type in the coding anyway. And that was the easiest way of explaining it. :lol:
I've been called 'birdbrained' before, but somehow I don't think this is what they meant. say:hah-nay
leo

hi

Post by leo »

congrats and welcome your new baby...hehe...i think he is about 13 weeks old...coz mine look really small when he is told to be 8 weeks...the beak will grow realy red with age... :lol:
guys, if i offend you in any way, please let me know....don't keep it to yourself....okay.tango is FE-male.............
Oliver and Justin

Post by Oliver and Justin »

beatiful bird its got its neck up a little as if to say Why are you taking a picture of me??? :]

Beaks will change with age mine never had a real light beak so hmmmm

but its should darken.
-Justin
Melika

Post by Melika »

With a good diet, it should brighten up and become a deeper red.

Some of the paleness might come from scraping it on that perch as well. Tsume always has a little pale patch on his beak from doing that on his sandy perch. :D

Our birds and the other clutch never had black on their beaks when they were young. It varies from bird to bird.
Pioneer

Re: hi

Post by Pioneer »

leo wrote:i think he is about 13 weeks old...coz mine look really small when he is told to be 8 weeks..

Yes I think he is older than the pet shop told me. I've seen pictures of birds at 8 weeks of age and they look so small compared to mine.

Melika: No he's not attacking the perch at all :) the cage is 2nd hand (from ebay hehe) apparently the perch is about 10 years old.