Update on this years young!

Moderator: Mods

Fah

Update on this years young!

Post by Fah »

Heya all.. i said I would post a few updates so here they are.

The creamino just lives to explore... and yah.. im the guy with the head cut off in one of those pics :P

These guys are quite the most tame bunch of birds I have bred so far. Not one single bird has turned from wanting to be a pet (generally in large clutch groups get one that just doesnt want to play nice). Hope to be able to find them all as loving homes for their future as they have at the moment.

I am one of those guarded breeders :P I spend so much time with all my young I cant help but be protective heh.

kyria
Site Admin
Location: Live in Australia - Have a home in Florida - Citizenship in Heaven

Post by kyria »

Darlin they are beautiful ... so cute ! .. Love the variety and the cremino is just adorable. Looks like a real character :D Thanks for sharing .. next time you might include your face, would be nice to see ya ! :wink:
Angie
---------
Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all sins. {Pro 10:12}
-----------
God Bless

alana8819

Post by alana8819 »

gorgeous lil babies shame you live so far away i'd get one i really want a grey. they have the mischievous look already
Fah

Post by Fah »

Yah, I have been asked to send a few pics of them being themselves and playing with people all around Australia now. Have freighted a few up to QLD and one to Sydney so far this year. Yet to get a complaint heh.

Seems to be a larger interest in birds that are more than just hand reared and fresh from the clutch.

I generally hold mine a little longer than most breeders to make sure they are 100% weaned, as well as old enough to be wormed... sigh its a long process... but worth it. People also get more of a kick from a young bird that is already 100% pet grade.. no work needed for basics.. they can work on the finer points themselves like talking and tricks... things like stepping up.. coming to the person when you say "come here" when they are on the ground is also something i teach my bubs to at least a basic degree before being sold.

They have a genuine interest in people. I spend about 6 hours a day between work with them till they find a home. Not counting time it takes to feed them :P

Only have one silver, a handfull grey turquoise, a handfull of blue and one sky blue left now. I feel sorry for those birds that get the hand rear treatment.. then get stuck in an aviary till sold.. cant do that :P
Lauren
Site Admin

Post by Lauren »

:D Absolute SWEETHEARTS! First pic is soo funny!
"Jibby aka Gilbert" Indian Ringneck 13 years "Charlie" Rex Rabbit 1 year
Melika

Post by Melika »

They're all so gorgeous! That's why animal husbandry is so appealing to me, you get to do it right! Good job, and I hope homes come forward for those other chicks soon. ^_^
I've been called 'birdbrained' before, but somehow I don't think this is what they meant. say:hah-nay