Thank You All For Allowing Me To Share My Work!

Moderator: Mods

Mikaela

Thank You All For Allowing Me To Share My Work!

Post by Mikaela »

This is a taste of my photography. I hope it contains images everyone can enjoy!

Unfortunately, they all have watermarks on them so if you would like to have one for yourself, PM me and I can supply you with a printable image, minus the copyright :!:

I made the images as small as possible which had an effect on the quality but you 'get the picture'. :lol:
~ Mikaela Sky

catschair2

Post by catschair2 »

these are great Mik!! Thanks for sharing
MCS
kyria
Site Admin
Location: Live in Australia - Have a home in Florida - Citizenship in Heaven

Post by kyria »

You and I have such similar styles... I can't get over it.

I adore clouds, sky shots, storms, sunsets, cloud paterns, birds across the firmament, anything like that. I adore macro !!!!!!! bea's, ants, shadows of creatures through veign covered colourful leaves.

And your use of colour catchment and the mediums that catch them is impressive.

The key to photography is not just seeing a shot, not just pushing the trigger but finding the elements that make up the shot and the composition behind it (the angle of the photograph) you seem to capture alot of elements eg. sun behind, creature central, leaf focul with colour flash giving depth and life, really love the gekko, can you tell.

I would love to see you do some abstract angles, when you are well of course. When you think of the standar shot you are just about to take, stop and imagine the most bizarre angle you could take that shot from then take it. I love teenagers taken from laying down at their feet and shooting up towards them, it makes! them look down at you, gives them a real attitude in the shot. Taking long pier shots, again, flat on your stomach so that the foreground is the key leading out along the length giving the viewer the real impression of distance, or from the ladder at the side of the pier, and shoot the length "but" have the focus point to an object through and on the other side of the pylons (so take your focus point then recompose to capture the length before you capture).

I love to capture images the human eye cannot see, so pictures with depth of field, hence the focal point being in the foreground or background, or the focus point not being central, but to the left of right or even the corners of the shot.

I love subjects that are not normally sighted by the human eye, eg. dew drop covered spider webs at day break, the sun illuminating the crystal colours of the droplets, the soft appearance of the web and the intericate design, with the humble little spider sitting proud and ready for its reward.

Anyway, sorry, just excited, I love good photography.

I really enjoy your images Mik, Thanks.
Angie
---------
Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all sins. {Pro 10:12}
-----------
God Bless

Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

Yes, rule of the thirds is very important.

You seem to have some basic knowledge of the art. Do you have a portfolio? Share!

Im in the process of building my webpage and I do NOT find that kind of stuff fun at all. Lost my motivation. :lol:

I sell fine from where they are so blah... dont like building web pages for sure. :cry:
~ Mikaela Sky

Lauren
Site Admin

Post by Lauren »

Mik, they are beautiful. I don't know much about photography but I can see you have a real talent and a good eye for detail. Beautiful!

Oh, and nice butt. :wink:
"Jibby aka Gilbert" Indian Ringneck 13 years "Charlie" Rex Rabbit 1 year
kyria
Site Admin
Location: Live in Australia - Have a home in Florida - Citizenship in Heaven

Post by kyria »

Yeah .. more than basic :wink: Portfolio's yes .. but no scanner or real time to dig them out.

I love !! webpage design and photo manipulation. Hubby is a dedicated original and hates me altering anything. He says the photograph is captured just as the photographer wants the viewer to see it, (should be anyway) true I agree. But I love to play with pictures to see the new affects we can get from them.

So it turns out he is still the photographer and I am the annoying manipulator .. hehe. I have been sucked into the digital world.

We have an amazing collection of camera's .. jims pride sand joys .. will take a snap of them if you are interested.
Angie
---------
Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all sins. {Pro 10:12}
-----------
God Bless

~*Gwennie*~

Post by ~*Gwennie*~ »

WOW! Can i have a ride on the pirate ship? I think i was a pirate in my former life. lol you take beautiful pictures! That is a wonderful talent you have :)
~the stubborn one~
Lauren
Site Admin

Post by Lauren »

Has anyone checked out http://www.deviantart.com/. Great place for sharing art/photography or anyone interested in art/photography. I wish I was as talented as you all, might have to get myself a good camera! :wink:
Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

Lauren! Let me know if I can help you score one!

Buying a camera is HARD. You need one that pushes you past your limits so you dont out-grow it!

You might have the talent too baybay, ya just dont even know it yet!!!

The Fugi S9000 is a killer first camera for someone that intends on moving forward with the art. User friendly but noise tends to be a problem until you get it figured out. Just think LOW ISO and that takes care of it.

Not many subjects need to be taken at more than 400 ISO max, unless its an action shot.
~ Mikaela Sky

Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

Notice in the cloud image... the child sitting in prayer? Right hand side of the image.
~ Mikaela Sky

Lauren
Site Admin

Post by Lauren »

Oh thats an awesome cloud shot. I can see the child! :D

I must get a job this summer so I can stop dreaming about all the stuff I want! Love taking photos, just don't have a good camera. Love seeing landscape shots. Makes me think I'm almost there!