wild lorikeets

Moderator: Mods

alana8819

wild lorikeets

Post by alana8819 »

hey got some pics of the wild lorikeets that feed at my mums house it was raining so they're all wet. its so fun to watch their mating dance they look like little stalkers. quality isnt great but its alright
enjoy :D
Lauren
Site Admin

Post by Lauren »

Aww! They look very cheeky! hehe. I love watching them on the balcony doing their little 'dances'. They jump around like little monkeys! But as soon as I get the camera out they fly off. They are usually around early morning and just before sunset. And now that the sun in finally out here in Melb, they are here almost everyday and they've brought some rosella friends too. :D Funny how Jibby and Yoda scream at any other bird (crow, mynahs, pigeons) but they love to sit and just watch the parrots. Must be a parrot thing!
Thanx for sharing! :D
"Jibby aka Gilbert" Indian Ringneck 13 years "Charlie" Rex Rabbit 1 year
kyria
Site Admin
Location: Live in Australia - Have a home in Florida - Citizenship in Heaven

Post by kyria »

aww .. reminds me of my mums place. They are so beautiful and fun to watch.

I have pics somewhere, will have to drag them out. I love their playful antics.

The ones at mums, come right down onto you now, they love cut up apple and mandarin. They all hang off the eves upside down looking through the windows of the house and one has taken a fancy to mums budgie "Max", they play through the window with each other and max holds up hulled oats trying to feed it. Max sounds just like a lori himself now, funny little thing.
Angie
---------
Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all sins. {Pro 10:12}
-----------
God Bless

greeny

Post by greeny »

What a dream to have such lovely birds come from the wild right to your door. You are so lucky! We don't have anything like that here.

Are the green ones also lorikeets? They sort of look like mini ringnecks :D
nil

Post by nil »

you are so lucky to have so prety wild birs at your yard, excelent :o
snowsand

Post by snowsand »

I think I will travel 'down under' sometime in my life just to go bird watching! There are very few Loris in Canada...even as pets, that I've seen anyways. How amazing to have such cool native birds! I think I would loose my mind to see such an amazing site with my own eyes! Thanks fo very much for sharing!