Moderator: Mods

donnanorm

Gizmo

Post by donnanorm »

Some more pics of my baby

Lauren
Site Admin

Post by Lauren »

Very cute! Looks quite young. :wink: Can I ask what the lil smudge is where the nares are? Looks like a blood spot.
"Jibby aka Gilbert" Indian Ringneck 13 years "Charlie" Rex Rabbit 1 year
donnanorm

hi

Post by donnanorm »

Lauren wrote:Very cute! Looks quite young. :wink: Can I ask what the lil smudge is where the nares are? Looks like a blood spot.

Hi, we were wondering that ourselves,it was there when we purchased him/her, Gizmo came from an avery is about 10 weeks old,we thought maybe it was bitten by one of the other Irns.

Lauren
Site Admin

Post by Lauren »

My Yoda had that too when we picked him up from the breeder. But it was very small and I didn't really notice it until we got home. I originally thought it was a bit wet or dirty around the nares since Yoda had a dirty tail aswell. It cleared up in a week though. The avian vet couldn't say either because it cleared up. Anyone help on this one?? I wondered what happened to my Yoda too. I was thinking the same. Maybe got a scratch or a nip from brothers or sisters in the avary?
donnanorm

Post by donnanorm »

Lauren wrote:My Yoda had that too when we picked him up from the breeder. But it was very small and I didn't really notice it until we got home. I originally thought it was a bit wet or dirty around the nares since Yoda had a dirty tail aswell. It cleared up in a week though. The avian vet couldn't say either because it cleared up. Anyone help on this one?? I wondered what happened to my Yoda too. I was thinking the same. Maybe got a scratch or a nip from brothers or sisters in the avary?

Yes maybe thats what happend Gizmo got nipped ,Gizmo was in the avery with Mum/Dad Bro or sister,Nobody else has mentioned about the mark,mind you this is the kind of close up photos ive put on the site,we let Gizmo out for the first time yesterday so I got some photos,weve had our baby 5 days today,and is settling in great has started coming when called so they must learn very quickly or its just pure luck :),Should I get the Mark checked out if not gone in a week or so it just looks like a crusted raised lump,could be blood or dirt im unsure :?

Lauren
Site Admin

Post by Lauren »

Always a good idea to take a trip to the avian vet when getting a new bird. :wink:
Dani03

Post by Dani03 »

Awww...what a little cutie

Dani
Jay

Post by Jay »

Lauren wrote:My Yoda had that too when we picked him up from the breeder. But it was very small and I didn't really notice it until we got home. I originally thought it was a bit wet or dirty around the nares since Yoda had a dirty tail aswell. It cleared up in a week though. The avian vet couldn't say either because it cleared up. Anyone help on this one?? I wondered what happened to my Yoda too. I was thinking the same. Maybe got a scratch or a nip from brothers or sisters in the avary?

I see wounds sometimes on new fledglings since they fly all over the place on their first few days outside the nest box. Since they are not yet good at controlling their flight, they bump their faces everywhere and sometimes cause injury especially in the nare area.

This applies mostly to parent-raised IRNs but hand-raised IRNs are also prone to it when learning how to fly.

If the wound seem to get worse coupled with abnormal beak growth and lesions, seek avian vet help immediately.
Lauren
Site Admin

Post by Lauren »

Thanx Jay. I forgot all about it until I saw these pics. Yep, Yoda and his siblings were crashing all around the place at the breeders. They'd take off going 'splat' into the avairy mesh. It looked like it hurt, but I guess all lil birdies have to learn to fly just like we learn to walk after a few grazed knees. :wink:
~*Gwennie*~

Post by ~*Gwennie*~ »

what a sweetie :)
~the stubborn one~
kyria
Site Admin
Location: Live in Australia - Have a home in Florida - Citizenship in Heaven

Post by kyria »

what a sweet little baby blue :D
Angie
---------
Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all sins. {Pro 10:12}
-----------
God Bless

Jay

Post by Jay »

Blue seems to be very popular lately. I had 4 hand-fed Blue babies this season and they were the first to go. And I had three other callers this past weekend alone and they all wanted Blue IRNs ....

Hmm... I guess I should start raising the prices on Blues? :lol:
kyria
Site Admin
Location: Live in Australia - Have a home in Florida - Citizenship in Heaven

Post by kyria »

too right ! :wink:
Angie
---------
Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all sins. {Pro 10:12}
-----------
God Bless

julie

Post by julie »

My hubby wants me to breed a blue for him and pretty muchly everyone wants a blue baby that comes to my house.
donnanorm

Post by donnanorm »

we only had the choice of 2 blues as thats all that was available at the time :)

Lauren
Site Admin

Post by Lauren »

We were originally going to get another green. But I couldn't resist the blue as sky blue is my fave colour. :D
mattyboardman

Post by mattyboardman »

has the marks cleared up or are they still there by any chance ? i would exspect it to be when they was learning flying also but im learning about IRN so i dont no what else could cause it
R.I.P Baby 05 / 09 / 2007 You Will Be Missed !