Brisbane Pet Expo Piccies

Moderator: Mods

ambros1a

Brisbane Pet Expo Piccies

Post by ambros1a »

Hey guys, i havent been on much lately =\ so havent had the chance to upload my piccies fom the pet show we went to on sunday... until now :shock: :D :lol:
Here we go hehehe

There was this stunning guy right at the entrance

Then this adorable lil fluffball, look at that face hehe

One of the many toos there, nice lookin fellow too ;)

Hehehe, when i saw this girl i had to ask if i could give her a pat, she ran away from me at first, then i suddenly had a treat and she didnt mind the scratches so much haha

I must say... i have been leaving my favorite pic of the day for last :D hehe, this one cost me $20, but was an experience and a half and i loved every bit of it. They tell me this stunning looking man is the only WedgeTail Eagle in Aus, that u can hold ;) (its a big pic too, lol sry it came A4 size for the $20, and we scanned it high detail to keep the quality)

Oooooooooh yea... i fergot.. damn that man! theres video evidence i tell ya, that the guy takin the pic purposely moved me in front of that pic to give me ears like that... shocking i tell ya... :shock: :oops: :roll: SHAAAAAAAAAAAME so there ya go another pic of ME!!
If anyone else went, im sure wed love to see ur pics, sadly a lotta mine didnt turn out, and i need to convert the videos b4 photobucket will take them.
Hope you guys enjoy the piccies, was a fun day out, oh yea, did i meantion we spent about $200 on the fids as well???? :oops: :oops: :roll: :oops: :roll: :oops: :roll: :oops: :roll:
kyria
Site Admin
Location: Live in Australia - Have a home in Florida - Citizenship in Heaven

Post by kyria »

Looks like an amazing time .. Look at that little fluffballs face so cute and :shock: omg! the Eagle .. I have had a passion for birds of prey since I can't remember. I always dreamt of having a nankeen kestrel, I just adore them, so dainty, so sweet yet so majestic and dedicated to thier existence, efficient , sleek, :shock: sorry I will stop now.

In America we saw a couple of Bald eagles they are amazing but I tell ya, our wedgey is just as awesome, if not more so because it's an aussie :wink:

Those guys can get up to 5.3kg in weight and still land like they are a feather, One of the largest eagles in the World

$20 is a total bargain for a pic like that. Must have been an experience for you.

Largest bird I have held is a red tailed black cockatoo (what cuddlers they become too, he nuzzled me and lay his head on my chest) they are the most amazing creatures too, big but so gentile, watching them fly and land on your arm with such grace is better than any drug for me. Stuff bungie jumping for an adreneline rush, just go spend time with the birds :D

Thankyou so much for sharing those pics I really enjoyed them.

Wish I could have come to the expo too :( . Not sure we have anything like that in Vic.
Angie
---------
Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all sins. {Pro 10:12}
-----------
God Bless

kyria
Site Admin

Post by kyria »

I can't stop staring at that eagle. Look at that strong sure face, those big strong wings and legs, look at the talons. Truly king of the birds.

Love it !

p.s. kudos on the breast cancer pin :wink:
Angie
---------
-----------
God Bless

Lauren
Site Admin

Post by Lauren »

WOW! They are all BEAUTIFUL! Love love love the Eagle! They are such magnificent birds. When I went up to Uluru, wedge tailed eagles were everywhere north of Adelaide. They give you 'the eye' driving past them. Up close you can really see how big they are! Trully amazing. Seeing a wedge tail take off in front of me was breathtaking.

Love the expressions on the toos lil fluffy faces. So cute!!

Cheeky Mac! hehe. Sounds like a great day out. Wish I was there. I would of spend 200 on the fids aswell. Lucky fidlets. Cant wait to see the videos!

Kyria, Melbourne had a pet show few months ago. I didnt go, but aparantly there wasnt many birdy stuff there. All the birdy action seems to be in QLD dammit. Imma packing my bags! hehe.
"Jibby aka Gilbert" Indian Ringneck 13 years "Charlie" Rex Rabbit 1 year
kyria
Site Admin

Post by kyria »

Grabs her suitcase, an e-ticket, PsittaculaChick by the hand and runs to the airport .. c'mon lets go !~
Angie
---------
-----------
God Bless

Hestia

Post by Hestia »

WOW that is truely an amazing bird. To be able to see an eagle like that up close, yet alone hold it. again I say WOW !

What kind of bird is the first one posted? don't think Ive seen one of those before.
ambros1a

Post by ambros1a »

Hes a Red Tailed Black Too, stunna isnt he :shock:
Gettin to hold him, that was great fun, prolly the best experience of the day.
I think i forgot to mention too, there was a choice in what animal to have ya pic with. Either the eagle, a snake or a barn owl. Poor lil owl just wanted to go ninis lol, but toughing him wooooow, was like a cats fur, so soft. And a snake... naaaah, no thanks, not for me haha.
The woman explained to me as i petted both birds that it wouldnt be possible to bring diseases home to the fids, coz theyre a totally diff species of bird, and dont get the same diseases and illnesses. Coz i mentioned to my partner about washin our hands when we got home, b4 touchin the fidlets. But either way id touched loooots of birdies haha so we both washed em when we got in the house.
I knew everyone would fall for him, i had to share that one lol and everyone that sees it is amazed lol (not only by the bird, but the apparent look of 'yea... i got an eagle on my arm, what do u want' haha as my mate told me tonight)
kyria
Site Admin

Post by kyria »

Oh and Great to see a pic of you :D , even if you do have big cartoon ears on .. lol :wink:
Angie
---------
-----------
God Bless