~ Mikaela Sky

Shelby

Post by Shelby »

Beautiful! :D
~*~Donna~*~

Owned by:
Shelby - 16 year old IRN Girly
Rafael - 2 year old Sun Conure Dude

and more Arabian horses and cats than I wanna count!
Lauren
Site Admin

Post by Lauren »

Ohh Mik, I want dem! :wink: I can see Mummy spoils them rotten! :D
"Jibby aka Gilbert" Indian Ringneck 13 years "Charlie" Rex Rabbit 1 year
Kateykat

Post by Kateykat »

those are stunning pictures Mikaela, the birds are beautiful.
Glad to see they are getting along well.
Kate
Life is tough, and if you have the ability to laugh at it you have the ability to enjoy it.
Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

Son is treating Baby sorta like 'hey punk, move ova... Im here now (best italian accent). I'll put you in cement boots'.

Baby and he had one beak match today... Baby fled. Im shocked he is so willing to give up rank?

Could it be because Son is full grown (which I thought Baby was but now realize he still has a baby look about him)?

Son is very laid back but seems ill and sleep deprived. Tomorrow, I am putting him in my sons room where it is quiet. Make it dark and if he likes that... let him catch up on some sleep.

Oh! And he ate today around 2 pm. :wink:
~ Mikaela Sky

Dani03

Post by Dani03 »

OMG they are gorgeous...

More pics Mik...:D

Dani
Bird crazy

How nice

Post by Bird crazy »

Glad to see them together and getting along.
He probably is sleep deprived, he was by my desk and I work at night. Tried my best to keep it dark as possible but the computer still makes light.

Be glad to see his feathers looking better too. They are a bit ragged.
But I know you will fix him right up.

Thanks again for the willing spirit and the good home.
Sue
Rowdy Vos eclectus, Dolly Cockatiel
Nila Blue IRN, Priya Grey IRN, and Bigotes the cat
~*Gwennie*~

Post by ~*Gwennie*~ »

aww!!!!!!!
~the stubborn one~
Newbirdmom

Post by Newbirdmom »

Too cute it makes me want another IRN :)
~*Gwennie*~

Post by ~*Gwennie*~ »

*shh*

don't say that!!!

my cousin asked me if i wanted another bird for xmas. I told him i would love one, but i don't have the room. Not to mention Lou's little heart would be crushed and i think my neighbors would dislike me. :roll:
~the stubborn one~
Newbirdmom

Post by Newbirdmom »

I just think Maya is very loud at time times that by 2. Then my head start to hurt and I say NO. Then there is this cute little grey girl at this pet shop that has been there for 2 years I need to go get her. She needs a home poor thing. They are only asking $150 for her if I can sell one of my chins I will go and get her....
ambros1a

Post by ambros1a »

mik... u bad girl lol i think it was these pics that made me decide - LUTINO lol. I love those rose rings too, i am sooooo hoping archimedes is a boy and looks that pretty.

hes so adorable now, having never dealt with birds this small (kittens and puppies a hellovalot lol) my first thought was WOOOOOW lookat those eyes! theyre massive, then i had a thought maybe theyre like babies lol, and have to grow into their eyes :shock: :D

ohh and baby aka loki has been much nicer today allowed scratches, talked to the baby from her cage.. still not sureon how to introduce em to each other (or if we should wait longer havin only gotten him yesterday)
Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

They are stunning with the ring. Whoa! Its funny because I saw Baby as full grown because he is ringing out. I didnt think he would grow much more and has lost that 'baby look'.

To the contray! Now Baby is even cuter to me because I see he is still just a baby boy.

Like Sue said, 'Big bird' (yes lord the names sticking) has a loooong way to go. He is good at heart though. He doesnt lunge, he flees. So odd to me. Im use to my birds pacing a perch for me to get to them.

I believe he was a cage bird that simply wasnt held. He fans all of his feathers out when you try to perch him on your hand. I dont do shoulder birds so he is going to have to adjust. He fans on my shoulder too, what little time I tossed him up there.

He will be a great bird but like Sue said... a lot of work and time. He is just so scared. Thats gotten better. He isnt scared if noone is messing with him now.

Also, he is eating pellets. He came to Sue and I on seed. I did a two day 'eat it or starve' and he ate well around 2 pm on the second day. He visits the food dish often. Curious fella!

I weened Baby the same way.

He is nice to have around. Im blessed. Oh, and Baby has taught him a few phrases so he too will be a big talker probably.

He is talking and eating. Seems happy but still 'too alert'. I want him to relax. He will. We will settle in and flatten out lol. Poor thing fans like he is on the edge of a cliff.

:cry:

Lets not forget about Punkin! She hangs out at the office. Think Im going to need to swing by and grab her because my mans filled with the Christmas spirit (as always) and may not see his office again for weeks. She likes it there. All the guys walk by and give her scratches and she just chills on top of her cage... thats her thing. Whats she likes. :)

We took her there because shes cool and she is one of those constant honkers which made Baby contact call and it just didnt work out for the two. But, shes no worse for the wear, she didnt like Baby either heh.
~ Mikaela Sky