Pepper and Silk

Moderator: Mods

Kateykat

Pepper and Silk

Post by Kateykat »

Well they have been home for a few days now, and are settling into there new home nicely. Silk is a real hoot, and a little piggy when it comes to her food. I gave her some grapes this morning and she nearly tore off my hand getting at them. Grape juice everywhere. They both love fresh corn, and apples , cherries and cucumber. Lol I gave them slices of carrot in their bowl and Silk proceeded to throw every single last piece out of the bowl, then look at me as if to say "whatcha going to do now huh?". The buk choi (I am not sure on spelling) is shredded I don't think either one ate the tiniest of peices.
I am noticing their very different personalities. Silk is all syrupy and sweet (at the moment anyways) and if she see's you sitting near her cage or play stand will wander on over to see what you are doing. She will also hang upside down from the boing and peep at you.
Pepper on the other hand is very allusive. She wants nothing to do with me, though she will step if she happens to land on the floor, though she still sqwaks and wants to get away from me as fast as possible. She is watching me warily from the play gym in the computer room. I have her in here and Silk is out hanging on the boing, I am trying to spend as much time as possible talking to Pepper and letting her get used to me. I know its only very early days yet so I am more then hopeful that Pepper will at least come to tolerate me being near her without giving me the eyes of death and flapping her wings to try and escape.
Its soo hard to not to try to touch Pepper though, she looks so pretty it makes my fingers itch :oops: :oops: . I am trying to be patient though one small step at a time.

Here are some of them playing on the boing and play gym. Man do they love that boing!

ImageImageImageImage

Every morning when I go out to them the first thing I say is, "Hello Silk, hello Pepper. Are you loving me today honey hey?" Lol
Kate
Life is tough, and if you have the ability to laugh at it you have the ability to enjoy it.
~*Gwennie*~

Post by ~*Gwennie*~ »

they have the sweetest faces! How old are they?
~the stubborn one~
Dani03

Post by Dani03 »

Man does Jeremy do one heck of a job! They are adorable! More pics now...;)

Dani
Bird crazy

So pretty

Post by Bird crazy »

They are both beautiful. They all seem to be unique little
personalities. I just love that about them.
Sue
Rowdy Vos eclectus, Dolly Cockatiel
Nila Blue IRN, Priya Grey IRN, and Bigotes the cat
Kateykat

Post by Kateykat »

Here are some pics of my babies this morning enjoying some fresh corn on the cob. I can't get over how fast they eat! Like little feathered piranha's.
Silk hates the bell on the end of the boing. That bell must be destroyed. She scurries over to it, screams at it then launches into it with all her might. Very funny to watch and quite cute too.
ImageImage

Pepper pretending that she doesn't want any corn, then deciding she really does
ImageImage
Silk searching for hidden treasure in the cholla wood perch
Kate
Life is tough, and if you have the ability to laugh at it you have the ability to enjoy it.
Bird crazy

Cousins

Post by Bird crazy »

Our birds look enough alike that we could call them the american and austrailian cousins.

Maybe Silk loves that bell rather than hates it. She apparently has quite the time attacking it. Good to get rid of some of the aggression.

Keep the pics coming. Love them.
Sue
Rowdy Vos eclectus, Dolly Cockatiel
Nila Blue IRN, Priya Grey IRN, and Bigotes the cat
kosejentan

Post by kosejentan »

OMG! How cute can they be? I just love them. They have the cutest face when they eat corn. My Jia loves to throw the corn on the floor and eat (read: make a mess) it there :evil:
Pamela with 2 budgies, 2 tiels and a baby Indian Ringneck named Jia