Start the countdown!

Moderator: Mods

Kateykat

Start the countdown!

Post by Kateykat »

Cause my babies come home next week! I took some pictures of their cage and playstand. Its in the fully glassed in back patio (where we have dinner, lunch and spend most of our day). Does anyone think this would be a bad place to have them? Its just like another room, not cold etc.
Feel free to tell me what you think, good, bad all suggestions welcome.
Am thinking of getting another cage similar sized, I can't remember the dimensions on this one, but just incase I need it further on down the track.

Cage

playstand

and here is one of my two girls
Sophia who has just turned 2 and Kiera who is now 3 weeks old if you can belive it!

LOL, please ignore the crappy couch that my hubby won't throw out
Katie
Kate
Life is tough, and if you have the ability to laugh at it you have the ability to enjoy it.
Kateykat

Post by Kateykat »

And what do you think of my Polly's log creation on top of the cage? My quaker loves his play stand thing that I made out of it, well mostly he loves sitting on it and chewing the hell out of it.
Kate
Life is tough, and if you have the ability to laugh at it you have the ability to enjoy it.
Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

Down with birds... Gimme that lil girl!!!! Both the babies!!!
~ Mikaela Sky

Cindy

Post by Cindy »

The only thing you might want to watch out for is IRN chewing up the window screen or the metal around it...IRN"S are BIG chwers
Cindy M. and the Flock of 8
xo Missi

Post by xo Missi »

Great set up!

It's okay to keep IRN's in the same cage?
Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

No, it isnt 'ok' but people do it. If the pair has bonded, should be fine but if not... we could be looking at a Corona episode.

Rule of Thumb:

Ringnecks are to be caged by themselves. Certainly not with another ringneck. Do I let Baby and Peaches nap in the same cage. Yup. When Im right there.

Its about knowing your birds but again. BAD stuff can and probably will happen when two ringnecks are caged together. Only a matter of time.

So no, irn.com does not recommend housing together, ever... just for the record. :wink:
~ Mikaela Sky

Kateykat

Post by Kateykat »

That's ok, I am off to buy another cage today. Heellooo credit card, who loves you baby? :lol:
Kate
xo Missi

Post by xo Missi »

Kateykat wrote:Heellooo credit card, who loves you baby? :lol:

DITTO!! :lol: Someone take my cards away!!! :roll:
Bird crazy

Pretty little girls

Post by Bird crazy »

The girls are beautiful and I love their names.

The cage set up is great. Just remember to keep one side to a wall so they feel safe from all that they can see going on outside all those windows. The play gym is great too. Lucky birds.

I remember reading it is ok to house the birds together a lot of the time if they are clutch mates and never separated, but have to be aware there can still be problems. Ask Jeremy he'll know what will be safe for your two new birdies. Have you selected names for them yet?

Can't wait to see a pic of them settled in with you and your family.
Sue
Rowdy Vos eclectus, Dolly Cockatiel
Nila Blue IRN, Priya Grey IRN, and Bigotes the cat
ambros1a

Post by ambros1a »

oh man what a wicked setup, thats mad i love it, my man worries about overcraming her cage, but if i could have that many toys in babys cage, i would for sure ( gettin there, toys are pricy lol)

ur cage looks a lot like mine, a few subtle diffs, theyre great, cept i had to take the door off mine, lol she was scared so much everytime wed open or close it, shed fall off the perch =\

by the way
i LOVE that huge yellow rope on the left, u gotta tell me where i can get one in! lol im only in bris :D
Kateykat

Post by Kateykat »

My babies come home tomorrow!!
Ambrosia- I can't remember where I got that rope thing from. I know I bought it online though. I haven't seen any in pet stores/online shops lately either. It wouldn't be hard to make one though. It is made out of bird safe cotton rope, though I still would pull on it every couple of days just to be sure no stray fibers can come out. I have one in my tiel's cage and they love it, always preening and climbing on it. Lol toys are pricey if you buy them from a pet store, why don't you try buying online or making them? I am starting to make my own now because of the cost and the fact that they get chewed up so fast. I think there are more then a few people here that make their own birdie toys. BTW I would be getting rid of those perches you have in there and either buying some cotton, cholla cactus etc perches or going bush and getting some branches to put in there. Plain wooden bars will hurt birds pads given enough time, and don't give their feet any exercise.

Will be sure to post some pictures when they have settled in. :lol: Did I mention I am excited?!!
Kate
Kateykat

Post by Kateykat »

Ohh and I did buy another cage anyways..... but it won't be here until sometime next week :roll: I have spoken to Jeremy before about keeping them together. I hope they behave themselves for the next few days, I have a small emergency cage but nothing that I would keep a IRN in for the rest of its days.
Kate
ambros1a

Post by ambros1a »

oh yea, i will def be gettin other perches for her i knew they werent good

i have been making toys for her, mainly large wooden beads, ive been sewing onto an old crappy teatowel..

she loves it, bells are her favorite (u can see where some part are already ripped off, doubles as a drop cloth when she eats with us, piggy girl she is lol

im lookin round for some nice thick cotton rope (undyed preferably i assume itd be safer) for her cage, wed also like a few boings for around the place