Raja & Sari - an IRN pair

Moderator: Mods

Carly

Raja & Sari - an IRN pair

Post by Carly »

Here's Raja and Sari, Raj is about 5 years old and Sari only 6months.

They are both pets, and Raj is teaching Sari to talk (so far she has only mastered the wolf whistle).

These pics were taken of them at night when they come inside to sleep. I have an 'inside' cage for night time and large outside cage for the day

Image[/img]

Post by Guest »

Great ringnecks are thay normal green or cinnamon green.?
indian ringneck

Post by indian ringneck »

Your Indian Ringnecks are so beautiful! Raj's colors are lovely,and Sari is just as nice. I'm glad you keep them inside during nightime. I lost my lovebird, Coco, through the nightime by a cold draft when the temperature dropped below 0* :cry: , I was devestated buti'm over it now :( almost. Kiki has helped me cope. Anyway, your ringnecks look really tame, and what are all the words Raja says?

Oh, those are the Normal Green mutation, not the cinnamon.

Post by Guest »

thanks! yes they are both normal greens, i bred raj myself and his dad was yellow, my vet thinks he is unusually yellow under his wings but i think hes just a nice looking normal. sari is green split for yellow and blue, but i didnt breed her myself.

zero degrees? wow thats cold - in australia where i live it dosent get much below 8-10 usually (but thats celcius). i actually bring them inside more so that they can spend some time with me at night and also because if i have them inside i can control what time they wake up in the morning! if they had it their way they would get up at 5am and make a racket and make me a very unpopular housemate!

Raj says a whole bunch of things.. hello, whats up raj whats up, wolf whistle, kissy sound effect (like mmmmmmwa), good boy, 'ooh', whos my boy, clicking noise.. and when he feels like it he'll participate in a convo with me where he says 'hey raj' and i say 'what does a ***** cat say?' and he meows, lol. i have actually caught him saying the whole sentence Q/A by himself, but he will talk on 'cue' and answer the question when he feel like it.

so far ive heard sari wolf whistle and say 'ooh' (thats their favourite noise, they have all kinds of variations).

raj's favourite spiel (ie when he sees himself in a mirror) goes " Hello, Hello! click click click, whats up raj? mmmmmmwa, wolf whistle x 2, good boy!". lol he is really funny