Willie & Max Face Off in the Shower :o)

Moderator: Mods

CarolinaWren

Willie & Max Face Off in the Shower :o)

Post by CarolinaWren »

:evil: k, this is as close as they'll get :evil: ... ummm, i mean as close as Max will get to Willie ... Willie will chase her down if they're on the same rod ... we have an old clawfoot tub so we have 2 spring rods for the curtains ... this is our shower routine ... never on the same rod ... EVER!!! see how high up that shower head is ... that's where Max goes when Willie "charges" ... Max dare not even LOOK at him wrong cuz that IRN "freight train" mode kicks in ... head down & straight ahead!! wut a couple o' nut-jobs!

luv,

Wren 8)
Hope is the thing with feathers
That perches in the soul,
And sings the tune without the words,
And never stops at all

Emily Dickinson
kimtoo

Post by kimtoo »

what great fids you have! Both beautiful :)
CarolinaWren

Post by CarolinaWren »

:D thank you, thank you :D ... Willie's an absolute ANGEL ... he's such a good boy that he gets to stay outside of his cage all day ... door open for him, obviously ... he wuz completely wild when i got him & he's making SUCH good progress ... he's bitten me out of fear, but so help me, NEVER has he broken my skin ... EVER ... wut a dollface, huh?

And never stops at all

Emily Dickinson
kimtoo

Post by kimtoo »

I'm impressed wren...my found fid came somewhat tame but she will nail me and break the skin every now and again...how did you get willie from wild to loverbo?
CarolinaWren

Post by CarolinaWren »

dunno, really ... patience, persistence & COMPETITION, i think!! and, oh yeah, CLIPPED WINGS!! after he settled in here (emotionally), i never let him out of his cage unless he stepped up onto my finger ... he had a REALLY weird issue with human hands when i got him ... had been fully flighted at his foster home & wuz around other foster birdies ... he STILL won't go near my left hand because i trained him with the right one ... i just let him know that he could trust me by being consistent & i took the nips & still take them when he gets skeert ... like the shower thing ... that's new to him, so he'll get a little shaky sometimes, but i don't let him go anywhere if he doesn't step up first & ride to his destination ... it works for us ... that's his favorite two words, too ... rofl ... STEP UUUP (think SC Lowcountry accent) ... too funny.

also, when Gina became ill & passed, he wuz JUST beginning to be a social butterfly, then he became withdrawn & friskie ... flight feathers coming in & couldn't fly high, but could fly far & would NOT stay with me ... fly right away from me ... then came Max ... VERY social Cockatoo ... i had the vet clip Willie's wings & show me how to keep them clipped & he's fine now ... he sees Max doing something with me & he gets that glimmer in his eye ... "hmmmm, that might be nice" ... so i just let him watch 'til i think that he's ready to try & off we go ... i just don't rush him ... i keep his wings clipped & he gets pi$$ed & he gets over it. 'course i hafta do that when DaddyCakes ain't in the house, cuz he thinks i'm torturing him ... like i couldn't use the xtra pair of hands, right? :?

i really just think that i've been blessed with an extraordinarily wonderful fid, who never knew how nice human contact could be. ;) awww, shucks ... he wuvs his mommy!! :P

huggles,

Wren 8)
And never stops at all

Emily Dickinson
~*Gwennie*~

Post by ~*Gwennie*~ »

aww what a cute pic :)
~the stubborn one~
Dani03

Post by Dani03 »

Willie is just gorgeous! And Max is cute...though I myself couldn't own a 'too...

Dani
Bird crazy

Post by Bird crazy »

Wren:

They are both beautiful and I know they provide lots of laughs for you.
I'd love to have all kinds of birds. They are so much fun to watch interact with one another and how they get jealous of their owners time and attention.

Enjoy enjoy.

And wanted to let you know I love to watch those little carolina wrens flitting about flicking their tails. Pretty little things.

Sue and Nila
Sue
Rowdy Vos eclectus, Dolly Cockatiel
Nila Blue IRN, Priya Grey IRN, and Bigotes the cat
CarolinaWren

Post by CarolinaWren »

Dani03 wrote:Willie is just gorgeous! And Max is cute...though I myself couldn't own a 'too...

Dani

thanx, Dani ... as u may know, i don't choose my pets anymore, they choose me ... i ONLY take in creatures who need homes & Max wuz in DIRE need about a week after we lost Gina ... i dunno that if, in my younger days, i would've chosen a U2 myself, but she needed a home & i had a HUGE hole in my heart ... the rest is history ... sometimes i must reprimand her ... with a water spray-bottle ... NOT Willie's bath bottle ... but she is learning ... she's VERY possessive of me & SCREAMS incessantly if not corrected ... i let it go on (mistakenly) too long already, but she IS learning!! I AM THE BOSS!! and HER disciplinary water bottle (she doesn't get bottle-bathed) is beginning to correct her behavior at the very sight of it!! thank GOD!!

huggles,

And never stops at all

Emily Dickinson
Dani03

Post by Dani03 »

Ah Wren hun, you and I both and huge hearts...and we melt for fids! All of mine, except Prinny, have been rescues. I suppose that if I met a 'too that needed a home I would still take the bird in and help it.

Dani
CarolinaWren

Post by CarolinaWren »

Bird crazy wrote:Wren:
And wanted to let you know I love to watch those little carolina wrens flitting about flicking their tails. Pretty little things.

Sue and Nila

thank you, thank you (both of y'all) ... ***takes a bow & flits her tail***

we luv 'em, too ... got skillions of 'em here, of course!! i NEVER get tired of watching our wild birdies ... we live on the salt marsh so we have TONS of water/wading birds, too ... the Great & Snowy Egrets sit on the end of our dock in the a.m. to watch the sun come up, UNLESS of course, "the Judge," one of our FIVE Great Blue Herons, is down there "holding court" with the Snowies. it's REALLY magnificent to see them down there preening as the sun comes up. i REALLY love our location ... literally, only FEET from the May River. i'll post some pix on the photo forum for ya ... OOPS, i'm IN THERE/HERE ... separate thread, then!! roflmao!! i just snapped 'em today around midday. i missed sunup, however, so i only got ONE Great Egret fishing on the other side of the house (our "backyard").

huggles,

And never stops at all

Emily Dickinson
xo Missi

Post by xo Missi »

Yes wren...I give you soooooo much credit for having a too! *pats on the back*

I read the mytoos.com website the other evening and honestly, it frightened me of toos. Not because they can be SO agressive (okay, well yea that scared me) but because of what they can do to themselves (plucking terrible and nibbling holes in their chest. The pics are terrible :cry: ) and how loud they are. If anyone who is considering a too and hasn't read http://www.mytoos.com I highly suggest it. It makes you THINK.

They are such gorgeous critters, though!
Dani03

Post by Dani03 »

Yeah I agree Missi...scary to think. I am paranoid but after almost having Rio in my home it really made me think. I never ever want my Prinny or Bodi or Aggie to pluck. I did my research and I am trying my best not to let that happen. It's scary when our birds resort to self mutaliation...

Dani
xo Missi

Post by xo Missi »

I knoooow. The pics on mytoos.com scared me to death...the toos had chewed through their skin and breast bone. A nightmare....

I shouldn't even talk about this, I'm sorry. It just bothered me so much. I tend to need to talk about things that bother me. Sorry about doing it in your post, wrennie :shock:
Dani03

Post by Dani03 »

Missi...we do tend to ramble on it posts...sometime totally getting off topic LOL but that's what happens when we chat.

Wren I still love that Max of yours...'toos are just one of the birds I am truly scared of. They are so unpredictable...amazons are that way too. I can't see myself owning one so you are brave! I'd rather take a big ol bite from a macaw than from a 'too or zon!

Dani
CarolinaWren

Post by CarolinaWren »

well, my Maxie's a handful, but we're workin on it ... ackshully, Willie keeps her straighter than i could EVER ... she's askeert to death of him!! it's REALLY funny, but NOT. i'd never let him mess with her, nor vice versa, but it's funny to see how possessive she is of me with ANYone else in the household, yet she hauls butt when Willie gets close!! :P also, she LOVES any other FEMALE human!! wuzzat?? oh well, Gina wuz the SAME way & she wuz an IRN ... must be sumpin' about MOI?!?!?!? oh no!! i'm a rotten momster!! wauuughhh!!! k, i'm over it! :P

no, if Max EVER starts pluckin, she'll hafta go somewhere else cuz i won't let her mutilate herself ... yes, i've seen the pix & done the research ... she has more toys than WalMart (we buy from EBAY!) & that's because i cannot trust her to stay out & BEHAVE ... so when she's inside, she has lots to do & plenty to eat and/or stuff to chew on ... so far, so good.

huggles ... i need a break now,

Wren 8)
And never stops at all

Emily Dickinson
Dani03

Post by Dani03 »

Trust me Wrennie...you are a lot braver than me. I would rather have to deal with an ornery mean 'ol macaw than a 'too...but that's only because I HAVE dealt with that. I haven't had the chance to actually interact with a 'too...and I don't really want to!

I dunno...maybe I just let what I have read get to me. Afterall I have also read horror stories about macaws. Then again, being raised with one helps fuel my love of them. I can't see a macaw without falling in love but I see a 'too and I see a big 'ol chomp waiting to happen. Hormonal little timebombs...

You Wren are braver than I!

Dani
Xenobia

Post by Xenobia »

I LOVE WILLIE NELSON!!!!!

And I'm glad that I'm not the only one who named my bird (Gary Busey) after an eccentric human!
:D