Three macaw shots...

Moderator: Mods

Mazziemom

Three macaw shots...

Post by Mazziemom »

One of each of our blue and gold buttheads :)

Since y'all liked the video of miss Kato, I thought I'd show you the three unique personalities in the house. They might look somewhat alike, but they are 3 totally different birds.

Kato, demanding and getting scritches. Kato is a big ol daddies girl and could do without me completely.

Char climbing down to me. He's a big ol mama's boy, but only kinda... he prefers to hang out by himself most of the time. If he has to be with a person, I am that one.

And, my baby boy Dayo. He's a ham, loves camera's and poses for them with glee. He's also the only macaw (or bird at all for that matter) that Mazzie kind of likes. She talks to him, him to her... they are pretty friendly (at a safe distance of course).

Athena
natalie

aint we spolit

Post by natalie »

Awwww thanks they are 3 gr8 shots Athena, im so addicted, u gotta post some more videos hun, my kids went wild when they saw miss kato's antics. U keep it up and i can get rid of the tv! Natalie xxxxxx :)
To handle yourself use your head, to handle others use your heart.xx
Dani03

Post by Dani03 »

Those are awesome! I adore those macaws but I don't think I could ever own one...maybe I'll get one of those little guys like the Hans...So Athena think you could get me some more pics of your Alice? I just love her so much... :wink:

Dani and Prinny
berrynice
Member on Probation

Post by berrynice »

Want, want, want. They are gorgeous. Unfortunately they are sooo expensive to obtain in Oz. Oh well I'll just live my life through your gang.
kyria
Site Admin
Location: Live in Australia - Have a home in Florida - Citizenship in Heaven

Post by kyria »

LOVE ! those pics .. specially that last one in the blossoms .. just beautiful.

yep berry! expenisive is right and most of them are in queensland around $7,000. I did find one older bird in Melbourne, but $7,000 if I had that kind of money I would be back visiting with the family in Florida I miss terribly.

You know the funny thing.. Here you can find a cockatoo for $50 or $80 with a cage, in the US my florida sister says they are FAR more expensive than that. Its all about Supply and Demand :(
Angie
---------
Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all sins. {Pro 10:12}
-----------
God Bless

berrynice
Member on Probation

Post by berrynice »

Hmm, may need to start a new topic. Variations in bird prices around the world. Look out for that one. Still love your macaws Athena. Closest I've got is a gorgeous (if I do say so myself) photo at the Adelaide zoo. This is why I'm getting a sun conure.
Mazziemom

Post by Mazziemom »

Wow, did you say 50-80 dollars?

A young U2 here (white cockatoo) will run you 900 minimum... and usually more!

Macaws tend to run between 900-1600 here, just depending on where you get them.

The strange part is that birds are far more expensive in pet stores than straight from breeders, which makes no sense. The birds directly from the breeder haven't been terrorized in a store, nor have they been exposed to hundreds of other animals. You'd think the price would drop.

All three of my babies were birds that lost their home. Char's 32 or older (was imported 32 years ago) and has been in far far too many homes. Even though he's not thrilled with us, he's here for life so he doesn't ever have to adjust again. Dayo's original owner died, and the person who took him did not know how to handle his big blue butt. He can be a terror if you let him get away with it. Kato's original family grew, and unfortunately there just wasn't room for little babies and a big bird who can have quite the temper. She's a good girl, had lots of love, but needed somewhere she could be out of the cage. With us she LIVES out of the cage... she hasn't been in one in months.

We've helped place lots of other blue and golds, but these 3 are sanctuary with us for life. I cant say I complain though, I adore them all, even when they get into screaming wars. ;)

Athena
jen5239
Community Greeter

Post by jen5239 »

Athena,
They are just amazingly BEAUTIFUL! When I was younger, much, much younger, I thought I wanted one. But they are too big. I just don't think I could handle a bird of that size. But man, if they aren't breath taking. By the way, as I type this my little Remmi is ON TOP OF MY HEAD reaching down with his head to grab my glasses. If he poos in my hair I will just be so upset. But it kind of feels good. Like a little scalp massage! He's such an onery bird!
Mazziemom

Post by Mazziemom »

LOL, yep, thats a ringneck! I love em on top of the noggin!

I grew up with a B&G, so they seem normal to me. My poor husband took some time getting used to them though... Dayo terrorized him for two years!

Athena
silvercloud

Post by silvercloud »

Oh they are soooooooo beautiful. Dayo has the sweetest face.
birdman5000

Post by birdman5000 »

awsome macaws they are my favorite family of birds

(ooops! i cant believe i really typed that in front of u guys) :oops:

i like irns 2 of course
Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

Wow :shock:
red192

Post by red192 »

Ok gonna say it again,,,BEAUTIFUL PICTURES!
Terri & Geoff
and all 16 FIDS